NPD: October game sales soared

vbimport

I just posted the article NPD: October game sales soared.

Despite the U.S. economic troubles expected to run through the holiday shopping season, October video game sales rose 18 percent compared to the same period last year.
In the U.S., Microsoft’s price…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15209-NPD--October-game-sales-soared.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15209-NPD--October-game-sales-soared.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The Wii outsold the Xbox 360 and PS3 again? What a shock!! :bow:

I’ve seen stacks of Wiis in most of the electronics retailers I’ve visited in the past month or so. I’m glad to see Nintendo finally figured out how to fix its supply and demand issue – hopefully no more waiting in line at 5:00 a.m. to try and get a Wii. :stuck_out_tongue:

WTF LOL of course Nintendo is being smarter now in the US market!!
Any Retailer in Europe or Asia can order any Nintendo Product.
Here in the US Market all retailers are on AUTO REPLEN get that !!! Auto = NO fnin ordering rights. This has been like this since the WII came out !!! I work for Loblaws and I know that we and Best Buy and Wallmart all got bitched smacked when the WII came out.
Nintendo tried to force us to go into No Refunds for Nintendo DS, WII . I will be honest about the game cube fiasco… 90% went back to nintendo ( when they still took returns) working 100% but retailers couldnt sell a returned used unit at full cost so they wanted the cost price at least. This is why nintendo forced all North American retailers to AUTOMATIC replenishment = fuk u you can’t order. This nonsene is all about gay refunds. In europe many big retailers dont give refunds so Nintendo lets them order… Here Nintendo does not let any retailer order either you are on auto replen or you dont sell Nintendo product. An amazing thing for a company to send all their product to europe and not north america… don’t forget the higher euro Nintendo makes 50% more profit in Europe… Some one needs to do a story on this as I have been explaining to all my customers why Nintendo has done this and many customers know they are guilty of this cause… Do not buy products if you do not intend to keep them!!!