Now DVDFab doesn’t decrypt anymore: The alternatives

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Now DVDFab doesn’t decrypt anymore: The alternatives[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-dvd-fab-monkey-sad-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/now-dvdfab-doesnt-decrypt-anymore-the-alternatives-70946

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Hi :slight_smile:
Magic Blu-ray Ripper etc.
http://www.bluerayripper.com/blurayripper-features.html
Does it all in house too.

Philamber pointed out a free program that I had not heard of in a discussion on the forums a few weeks ago. That program is for DVD decryption only, and is called DVDSmith.

The vast majority of DVD’s still only have simple CSS protection it seems, and for them, DVDShrink is still a viable option for decryption.

BDLot ISO Master was at one time another free decryption program, but the link for that program at their site no longer functions, so I have to assume it is abandoned.

Free decryption for Blu-ray is harder to come by, and MakeMKV may be the last example. And even it is free for Blu-ray only while the program remains in beta status.

For blu-ray, the little known but simple and effective Longo Blu-ray Copy.

Wow, never found a lot of these BD/DVD ripping tools. As far as I know, AnyHD DVD and MakeMKV have powerful decryption abilities but they are not “one-stop” tools.

For other brands(maybe the same but with different brands?), you should have some standards to choose the best one. I just want to give some tips.

1. copyright period(lazy to update their site)
  2. update log (the latest version is 2013 or earlier? The copy protection is always updating)
  3. after sale support. You should be shown a formal site and the site should own active reputation from social media.

Never believe those let you out of reach after you making order.

I am bit confused, I just downloaded 9.1.3.6 and it sill has it. Did I miss something or overlooked?

[QUOTE=012;2723600]I am bit confused, I just downloaded 9.1.3.6 and it sill has it. Did I miss something or overlooked?[/QUOTE]
No you didn’t miss anything, they decided to keep the program just as it always was for everyone, its great, no issues with the program.:slight_smile:

My understanding is that DVDFab still decypts, and still will. However, they will no longer sell new license codes for DVDFab. So, if you don’t have a license for DVDFab, you can no longer buy a new one.

New users will have to buy a program called BluFab, and it is that program that will no longer decrypt. It has the same functionality as DVDFab, but without decryption abilities.

It remains to be seen if new users will still be able to buy Passkey that will then work with BluFab to add decryption back in, or if BluFab can be used with AnyDVD/HD. If AnyDVD/HD can be used with BluFab, know that the DVDFab company is notorious for deleting posts and banning users at the mere mention of SlySoft and/or AnyDVD, so you may not be able to get any support for a BluFab/AnyDVD/HD combination.

These are all just tactics, nothing has changed at all up to this minute, I am not a clairvoyant but I do know that its going to take a whole lot more than some group in LA to change the laws in China. Just my humble opinion.:wink: I have seen this happen to other well known entitys and the end result was maybe a fine and a slap on the wrist. They are all still in business.

IDK about that. With all the softare authors’ decryptor products suddenly “dissappearing” from their websites, it seems AACS LA’s goal was achieved: scare the s*** out of everyone that challenges them. Those (insert your favorite insult here) have most certainly won this round.

There are still lots of Bluray ripping and copy programs for sale some right here on the forum that work very well and they don’t seem to be going anywhere with the exception of aieesoft.

Just a simple google search and you will find more companies that I can count selling BD programs.

My Dvdfab is still working just fine.:slight_smile:

I found that DVDFAB does in fact still work! They’re making two versions. The one that works and a version for the US that gives the pop up that indicates how they support the rights of DVD producers, etc, etc.

The secret for us guys in the United States is to use an anonymous proxy server in a different country then connect. When their site doesn’t recognize you as coming from the USA, the correct, non-US version is offered to you.

This info was current for version 9.1.7.6, dated 28 Nov 2014, when I downloaded it. Worked for a whole pile of Blu-Rays but then the Blu-Ray portion of the program told me I ran out of the trial and I had to purchase, so I went elsewhere. Still works for standard definition DVDs.

The trick is finding an anonymous proxy that works.

[QUOTE=Jabberwalky;2749435]The trick is finding an anonymous proxy that works.[/QUOTE]

Or finding a European MyCe member who doesn’t mind to upload a DvdFab European trial version to a filesharing site…:bigsmile::bigsmile:

People can also try using Tor, as well. Yes, it may take a few attempts to wind up with an exit from the network that is located outside the blocked countries but it works once you do.

Good choice.

I’ve been waiting to see if anyone tried any of these programs before trying them myself. Any member reviews yet? Also, how safe is it using a program coming out of China, considering all the hackings that have come out of that country throughout the past year? I’m worried about putting a program on to my computer and then later find that all my info has been compromised. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

[QUOTE=anamandy;2749850]I’ve been waiting to see if anyone tried any of these programs before trying them myself. Any member reviews yet? Also, how safe is it using a program coming out of China, considering all the hackings that have come out of that country throughout the past year? I’m worried about putting a program on to my computer and then later find that all my info has been compromised. Any info appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I use AnyDVD HD most of the time. It isn’t free, but I’ve got the lifetime version and it is one of the best decryption programs around. Not from China by the way.

The second choice is MakeMKV. This is free to use while in beta and works for most DVD’s and Blu-ray. It isn’t updated quite as quickly as Fab or AnyDVD, so very new releases could be a problem. You have to update the beta key every month or so to continue using it. Found here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Its greatest disadvantage is that it will only output to an MKV file when decrypting a DVD. With Blu-ray, you can get either the full disc decrypted and ripped or rip as an MKV.

I recommend either of these over anything else.

If you need to compress Blu-ray to smaller sizes use BD Rebuilder. If you need to compress DVD’s, use DVD Rebuilder. Converting to smaller sized MKV or MP4 files, use Handbrake or Vidcoder. All of these are free, and produce excellent quality. You need to decrypt first before using them.

So, you see, it is possible to use entirely free tools and get great results. You could also invest in AnyDVD HD once with the lifetime option, and not worry too much about beating encryption on DVD’s and Blu-ray.

Just decrypt with other programs.

fab dvd doesnt work at all…the computer i put it on doesnt connect to the internet and when you open the program it wont unless it connects to the net…useless crappy program

Try this version:
DVDFab 8 for Windows Version: 8.2.3.0
http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB8

It is the version I still use .I refused to go with the version 9 & its’ “phone home” .
I’m sure it works without an internet connection.
There may be some new movies it will fail on but so far it hasn’t failed me on one.