Not Working

I made a working copy using Discjuggler, but when trying it with Alcohol it didn’t work.

Alcohol 120% version 1.3.3.1017
Reader: Plextor 40X SCSI
Writer: Lite-On 52/24/52
Used Safedisc2 option

Did it again using writer as both reader and writer, still did not work

Any suggestions?

Newbie alert!

>>I made a working copy using Discjuggler, but when trying it with Alcohol it didn’t work.

Trying to copy what exactly?

yeah it would be nice if I told you what I was copying.

Medal of Honor Spearhead SafeDisc 2.8

Beats me. Discjuggler is pretty old and isn’t that good against any of the new cd protections. Are you sure you have them round the right way?

I am totally skeptical that Discjuggler can do a copy of safedisc 2.8 when so many programs had problems with it. Alcohol not being one of those.

Discjuggler has been confirmed to work with sd 2.8x (with a 2 sheep writer) by virtually every one of its, admittedly limited number of, users.

The fact that it’s been around a while doesn’t matter. Discdump hasn’t been updated for more than 15 months and it still handles all versions of safedisc, including 2.8x, when used together with fireburner (which, itself, hasn’t been updated for months).

Got the newest version of Aocohol and it worked. Guess 1.3.3 couldn’t do it.

Gonna do a test using both Disc Juggler and Alcohol to see which is faster

Originally posted by debro
[B]Beats me. Discjuggler is pretty old and isn’t that good against any of the new cd protections. Are you sure you have them round the right way?

I am totally skeptical that Discjuggler can do a copy of safedisc 2.8 when so many programs had problems with it. Alcohol not being one of those. [/B]
Ha! Yes, DJ is old but the first consumer program to defeat SafeDisc. It is the burning program that VeNoM386 recommends above all. I use it to make my ‘real’ Mitsu Chemical backups of LaserLock & SafeDisc. It is the best RAW reader, the best error skipper and the most stable of all burning programs. It produces the fastest, highest quality MP3 and CD-DA rips of any program. I can load up 6 audio CDs in my main rig, line 'em up and rip at will. It can also rip the second sessions off CD-DA discs.

DJ defeated SD2.80.010 before any other program (OK - DiscDump aside ;)) and they didn’t have to do an update LOL!

It has no SecuROM 4.8x tricks but if padus put their mind to it they’d probably do it.

gotta agree with futureproof here (as usual). dj is one heavy duty piece of software. it’s not for the casual user though because there is a steep learning curve. but if you know what the settings are and set it up properly it will do practically anything.

Just out of curiosity why did you use DJ to copy spearhead? I used the new clone cd and the default protected game profile. This of course was after I made about 10,000 coasters with my crappy a-- TDK drive before I switched to a lite-on. Did you try clone cd before you went to DJ?

I did use CloneCD, but it didn’t work. At the time Clone couldn’t copy SD 2.8. Now it can and of course I’m using it