Not sure where I went wrong....?

vbimport

What I’m wanting to do, and what my machines are allowing me to do are two diffrent things.
I recoded a TV show using my Sylvania DVR90VF using a Maxell DVD-R 1-8x speed 120 min CD. I finalized it afterwards. Works great… in my DVR. What I want to do it play this on my computer so I can transfer it to my friend who had to miss this finale episode. My computer, (Win XP, HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B [says DVD/CD-ROM drives] type of D drive), won’t recognize anything is on my dvd disk. I tried DivX, same thing- just says blank disk.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a step I missed somewhere to be able to record a tv show, and then play it on the computer? I’ve read my manual for the dvd-vcr combo and unless I’m missing the information, I didn’t read anything about how to play these recorded shows on a PC. Surely it can be done… or can it? Any help or info is greatly appreciated!

A GCE is no combo drive, it is an CD-RW only.

says DVD/CD-ROM drives
is just a general category.

This drive never will be able to read DVD media.

thank you for clearing that up for me. I was getting really frustrated trying to figure out what I did wrong.
So what I need a cd drive that plays dvd’s FOR SURE and not just a general one? Is there one you can maybe recommend?

You don’t need a CD drive, but a DVD drive. It is your decision, if you get a read-only or a DVD writer.
But no one will guarantee, that a PC drive will read the content you recorded with your DVR.

Michael

thank you :slight_smile:

DVD writers are so cheap compared to a NON burning DVDROM drive, that you might as well get the DVD writer.

Please look in the DVDwriter section of the forum for advice on the best ones to buy and also instructions on how to install it. (it’s very easy). :wink: