Not sure if I have the right thread, if not, I apologize, transfer post to correct thread & let me know where to find it

vbimport

Not sure if I have the right thread, if not, I apologize, transfer post to correct thread & let me know where to find it… :bow:

I have a problem with a DVD+R DL that I burned a 3rd session onto with different software (shoulda left it alone- D’Oh!:doh:) .
I had burned it originally in Win2K with either Nero or Ashampoo (2 sessions) and there was 500MB free on it, and stupid me,
I tried to fill it up with another ~2-300MB… my Ashampoo wouldn’t work in XP (I’m using now)(A. crashed on burn screen),
so I downloaded FreeEasyBurner, and burned the 3rd session with that, (Nero won’t let you update a disc w/out having a .NRI file for that disc- didn’t have one for whatever reason), and now Windows Explorer only shows the first session’s files…
and this information from Nero is the most useful info I’ve got to explain the situation… this is what Nero says about the disc now…[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]see attachment…
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]Is there any way I can restore Session2 (w/out losing Sess1, of course…)?
Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :):bow::bow:

Kirk G.

Try to use ISOBuster.

Thanks HM01, ISOBuster looks like a great program, But, I’m not totally clear on all the finer points
of its use, and I wanted to get clarification on one point: It appears that restoring the lost sessions
on the disc(after a fashion, restoring the disc to its earlier state), is not an option, and apparently,
my only recourse is to recover the data & transfer it to a different dis©. Am I correct in this? :bow:
Because, while it would definitely be great to be able to recover the data at all!, I would much prefer being able to restore the lost session or otherwise somehow restore the disc to an earlier state… Please advise… Thank you! :slight_smile: Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated! :cool:

You’re better off recovering the data from each session and burning it on a new disc as one session. It’s rather difficult to really correct the problem since you used multiple apps, and there’s no real way to roll back.

Recover all the data to the HDD before you do ANYTHING else, though.

Thanks, Albert… :slight_smile: If only I had known it’s a no-no to use multiple apps
(not to mention multiple OS’s) beforehand! Really kicking myself for trying to fill it up!
(Not that I put THAT much on it or anything… but still…)
I’d used Ashampoo to fill up Nero discs before without difficulty, but oh well… Thanks!

[FONT=Verdana]Starting to think some of the Track 2 data was flaky PRE-burn… may have been part
of the problem… recovered & re-burned…
[/FONT]
Interesting thing to note!: The disc that I’d been having the problems with,
I’ve discovered now that MOST of the time Track 2 is not visible in Windows Explorer,
but SOMEtimes, those directories DO come up again!! Weird!..