Not Recognizing Drive

Somewhere around the time I updated to ver. 3.1.8.0 or there about, DVDFab stopped recognizing my Plextor 760A drive. This condition has persisted ever since. The Drive works perfect with ALL other programs(Shrink, RipIt4Me, DVDBuilder, IMG Burn) without any problems. When I force DVDFab via the get “folder” icon, and select the TS_Video folder on the Plextor drive, it generates a “Feedback” pulldown, “unable to get DVD information”. Since I have two drives, this was not a problem since DVDFab recognized the other drive. The problem is that the other drive is becomming buggy with many read errors. Any ideas how to get DVDFab to recognize the Plextor drive.
So far I have unistalled and reinstalled the drive, updated to the latest firmware, and fyi, the drive is recognized by windows. I am running a P4, on widows sp-2. Thanks for any help.

within imgburn, there is a tool called “filter driver load order”. check the filters and report back. maybe some need to be deleted.

also read this:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f43/plextor-faq-read-first-49767/

seems this should have been fixed with:

October 10th, 2007
DVDFab Platinum 3.2.1.0 Updated

Fix: Compatibility problem with some Plextor drives, like PX-760A, PX-760SA, etc.

As Troy pointed out, there were problems with some of the plextor drives that reportedly were resolved with v.3.2.1.0. At least that was what we heard from the plex owners that posted back. I think this all started with the release and integration of PathPlayer and v. 3.2.0.0.

I suspect you have corrupted or otherwise unstable files related to this.
Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t see where you have done a complete uninstall and fresh, new install.
StormJumper has excellent guides for uninstalls on XP and Vista. Just click on his user name.
Not sure if he included this, but recommend you also run a decent registry cleaner such as regseeker…link in my sig.

I would also uninstall all instances of the patin-couffin driver (you may have multiple). You can right click on the Fab icon and follow the file path and also delete from VSO in device manager.

Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=maineman;1986828]As Troy pointed out, there were problems with some of the plextor drives that reportedly were resolved with v.3.2.1.0. At least that was what we heard from the plex owners that posted back. I think this all started with the release and integration of PathPlayer and v. 3.2.0.0.

I suspect you have corrupted or otherwise unstable files related to this.
Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t see where you have done a complete uninstall and fresh, new install.
StormJumper has excellent guides for uninstalls on XP and Vista. Just click on his user name.
Not sure if he included this, but recommend you also run a decent registry cleaner such as regseeker…link in my sig.

I would also uninstall all instances of the patin-couffin driver (you may have multiple). You can right click on the Fab icon and follow the file path and also delete from VSO in device manager.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Here I am watching TV and my ears start burning had to come on to check who was causing this :eek: evening Tom
:cool:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;1986837]Here I am watching TV and my ears start burning had to come on to check who was causing this :eek: evening Tom
:cool:[/QUOTE]
OT…sorry…
Hey Tim, good to see your clean uninstalls are still getting ppl. out of trouble and still getting a good workout…:iagree:
Watcha watchin’?

[QUOTE=maineman;1986851]OT…sorry…
Hey Tim, good to see your clean uninstalls are still getting ppl. out of trouble and still getting a good workout…:iagree:
Watcha watchin’?[/QUOTE]

Some movie over in Germany,using the satellite setup I installed on my Vista rig
not a bad flick fopgot the name :eek:not able to spell it anywho :bigsmile: