Not recognizing blank dvds

vbimport

i just got a brand new dell inspiron 530 to replace a crappy dimension 4700 that i have been struggling with for years :clap: i can’t believe dell actually replaced it!!!

anyway… i have clone dvd and slysoft…

the dell inspiron 530 has the following specs…

—Inspiron 530,Intel Core2 Duo processor E4600 (2.4GHz EA 277.00 277.00 800FSB) w/Dual Core Technology and 2MB cache
—1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
—160GB SATA II Hard Drive (7200RPM)
—Windows Vista Premium System
—PBDS CDRWDVD DH-48C2S (48X CDRW/DVD COMBO)
—OPTIARC DVD±RW AD-7200S (16X DVD+/-RW Drive)

i was trying to make a backup of a new dvd i bought and when i insert a blank writeable dvd in the drive, the msg to ‘insert a blank writeable dvd’ never goes away and the writing process never starts:confused::sad:

i have tried both drives and neither works

can someone please help??? :bow::bow::bow:

thanks
SpiritedTruthSeeker

No offense but ,maybe the new Dell 530 is just as crappy as the old 4700…
What media are you using? And maybe try a different ripper/burning proggy…you never know…

i am using memorex dvd-r’s… same i had been using on the old system

yeah i kinda thought a dell might just be a dell… just all crap… was kinda hoping this one would be ok/better tho :o :o

i have never been able to figure out other rippers/burning proggys :o :o :o

the clone dvd with slysoft has always worked great for me :iagree: :o

besides i can’t afford a new program :o any freebie easy to use :stuck_out_tongue: program suggestions??

or any other suggestions as to why the drive just does not see the cd in the drive?

thanks
SpiritedTruthSeeker

Well I would try better media,however I have used memorsux, uh! I mean memorex in the past with good results…Verbatims are good/reliable…
For free proggy’s try,
DVDFab HD Decrypter>DVDshrink>IMGburn…

edit// took me too long to post, sorry.

[quote=SpiritedTruthSeeker;2086247]i just got a brand new dell inspiron 530 to replace a crappy dimension 4700 that i have been struggling with for years :clap: i can’t believe dell actually replaced it!!!

anyway… i have clone dvd and slysoft…
thanks
SpiritedTruthSeeker[/quote]
did you just install anydvd? If you did you need to restart your computer before your drives will be read again