Not recognized (LG GSA-H55L)

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the LG GSA-H55L. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]it wont recognize it.My E drive disa[[eared off my choices.Wont burn CDs.It was working…but now nothing.

@ bornwithattitude,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you anticipate receiving any meaningful assistance with your problem you are going to have to provide more pertinent information other than stating “Won’t burn CDs. It was working…but now nothing”.

The most basic minimal information that is needed for effective troubleshooting is the Name/Version Number of the particular Burning software program you are attempting to use, the complete full error narrative and error code you are receiving, and a complete and through detailed explanation of exactly what is occurring when you attempt to burn a CD. CD/DVD Burning Software Programs produce a Burning Log – post a Burning Log of a failed Burning attempt. This is the very basic minimal information that is required – any additional amplifying information would be very beneficial in assisting Forum Members with troubleshooting your problem.

Suggest reviewing the CD and DVD Burner Forum Read First posting titled “Troubleshooting: My Optical Drive Doesn’t Recognize Discs (Like They Should Be)…” ->

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-my-optical-drive-doesnt-recognize-discs-like-they-should-83984

Regards,
bjkg

I did read it/Im having the same exact problem as the poster before me…thats why I didnt re-write it all.it says code 39-that the program is corrupt.i am xp

[QUOTE=bornwithattitude;2146921]I did read it/[B]Im having the same exact problem as the poster before me.[/B]…thats why I didnt re-write it all.it says code 39-that the program is corrupt.i am xp[/QUOTE]@ bornwithattitude,

Forgive my total ignorance but EXACTLY what “Same Exact Problem As The Poster Before Me” Forum posting are you making reference to? If you haven’t noticed there are over 8,106 active postings in this CD and DVD Burner Forum.

Unfortunately without providing the Name and Version Number of the particular software program that is generating “Code 39” and providing the complete full error narrative accompanying the “Code 39” that is useless information. Once again if you fail to take the time and effort to provide “the most basic minimal information that is needed for effective troubleshooting” as mentioned in posting #2 in this thread then you are not going to receive any meaningful assistance in correcting your “Same Problem”.

Regards,
bjkg