Not recognized by Windowx XP (Philips DVD8801)

vbimport

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Philips DVD8801. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]My dvd drive Philips RW 8801 will burn with Roxio software and DVD cloner. I cannot use Windows XP to burn or transfer to this drive. When I open a Word document and try to “sent to” the DVD drive, it will not complete the operation. Do you have a solution?

Hi,

what kind of disc is inserted?
Windows XP does not support DVD writing. Try a CD-RW disc please
Additionally, the Roxio (or other burning software) might interfere with Windows built-in CD burning service.

Michael

Michael: Thank you so much for the information. The CD-RW works with the windows program. Would you believe I spent 3 hours on the phone with Dell tech support trying to determine why my Windows XP would not burn my DVD. No wonder their stock is down. At the conclusion of the conversation, I was told to format my hard drive and use my restore disk to bring my hard drive back to the factory settings. I refused to do this because I had too much valuable data that needed to be backed up. I had decided to forget about burning DVD’s Thank god I refused to do what I was told to do. Thank you again.
Lorraine.

@ lpapa,

It is a well documented fact that Dell just like Gateway, Hewlett-Packard, Compaq, Best Buy and/or Circuit City Computer Support Technicians are absolutely totally clueless in how to properly troubleshoot Computer problems and/or properly correct Computer problems. Their magic cure for all Computer aliments is “ReFormat Hard Drive”.

Regards,
bjkg