Not reading one HD dvd

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GGC-H20L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Just got this drive a few days ago. I have 2 HD dvd’s and 2 blu-rays that have arrived so far. I cannot get one of the HD dvd’s to even be read whatsoever by the drive, it just tells me the drive is empty whenever I try to do anything.

I guess I pretty much have the worst combination possible for this come to find out, it’s the Terminator 2: Ultimate Ed hd dvd, I’m on Vista64 and an nForce 6 board.

I’ve read other people have problems with this particular disc, but it seems like they are able to at least get the thing to be recognized. They mention crashing trying to play it, but I didn’t come across anyone that specifically said they couldn’t even view the disc.

This is my first experience with HD players. I have updated the firmware to 1.03. Have tried it in XP Pro 32bit and on XP with my old computer with an Intel 875p chipset. I end up with the same result every time, the disc is not detected. Before I even install updates or HD software, I’m at least able to get the name and view the contents of the other movie discs.

Anything I’m missing?

My guess is bad disc, return to store or ask for replacement.