Not reading data in some cd's

dvd rw not reading data in many cd’s. the funny thing is that this happens with xp pro x86. but with vista installed this does not happen it reads all data and plays all, does somebody know what to do? i’m waiting for a microsoft hotfix what do you think?:doh:

[QUOTE=firemusic;2009557]what do you think?:doh:[/QUOTE]

You don’t want to know what I think, also my thoughts aint free;)

A bit more info would be nice…
What ODD?
XP Pro/Home? Or do you mean XP Pro X64? (Not sure if there’s a Home X64).
Was it always like this, or when did the problems occur?

yes well i have a windows xp pro sp2 x86 as i said (with windows xp pro x64 is the same. that’s what i usually use), i burned some dvd’s some monthes ago which i could see but now cant anymore. mp3’s too and data. i thought something happend to my dvd rom but installing windows vista it simply read all the cd’s and dvd’s. there was no changes, same pc pentium D. so might be drives firmware that are old, i dont know, thnx.
PS: the hotfix is older than the sp2 i have

sorry but what’s ODD?

ODD stands for Optical Disc Drive.

No need to mention X86, it’s either Windows XP or Windows XP X64 (32-bit vs 64-bit) or there must be a different version I’m not aware of yet.

Some info about your system (motherboard) may be nice too, as it may have to do with a driver issue (Most likely).

You can find loads of info about your system using tools like Aida32 (Official site is gone) or Everest (I believe they bought the Aida32 rights), and then there is SiSoft Sandra and some other tools you need to pay for.

EDIT I just noticed you posted in the wrong sub-forum, ask a mod to move it to the General Software forum orso (I think General Software is the right place as your drive seems to work fine).

Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID GC11020M.86A.1065.2006.0502.1638
Motherboard Name Intel Grand County 2 D102GGC2

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel GTL+
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type DDR2 SDRAM
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 333 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 666 MHz
Bandwidth 5326 MB/s

Motherboard Physical Info
CPU Sockets/Slots 1 LGA775
Expansion Slots 2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16
RAM Slots 2 DDR2 DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio, Video, LAN
Form Factor Micro ATX
Motherboard Size 220 mm x 240 mm
Motherboard Chipset RC410

Driver Description SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A ATA Device

that’s it. thnx. i think it was already moved !?