Not quite sure about backing up

I’m not quite sure what the term backup exactly means. Can you use a backup cd to run the same program as the original?

Yes, as a general rule, a backup is identical with the original and will play the same. Backups are made as insurance against accidental damage or loss of the original disk.

Of course, dvd movie backups can vary a bit, depending on what all you want included on the backup version. But programs are usually a complete copy.

[quote=Kerry56;1924729]Yes, as a general rule, a backup is identical with the original and will play the same. Backups are made as insurance against accidental damage or loss of the original disk.

Of course, dvd movie backups can vary a bit, depending on what all you want included on the backup version. But programs are usually a complete copy.[/quote]

Thank you for the information.Also, what program(s) would you recommend using to backup games such as Diablo II and Warcraft III?

Sorry, not an expert on backing up games. The only game backup program I have used is Alcohol 120%.

You should look in the CD & DVD Copy Protection subforum here at cdfreaks. Post a specific question in there, and I am sure you’ll get some answers.

[quote=Kerry56;1926206]Sorry, not an expert on backing up games. The only game backup program I have used is Alcohol 120%.

You should look in the CD & DVD Copy Protection subforum here at cdfreaks. Post a specific question in there, and I am sure you’ll get some answers.[/quote]

Okay, thank you.