Not NTSC

I used AnyDVD on an exercise DVD (Winsor Pilates “Accelerated Body Sculpting”) and got the following description popup:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 5.7.3.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1

Video DVD (or CD) label: ACCELERATED_BODY_SCULPTING
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I then ran CloneDVD2 on it sucessfully. When I pop it in the Sony DVD player to see it on the TV, it says:

not NTSC

What do I do? Thanks

PAL is the european video standard. if you don’t have a PAL dvd player then you’re out of luck without a little work on your hands.

NTSC is the standard you’re looking for.

I think DVDSanta can do the conversion, but I never buy PAL dvds so I’ve never had to worry about it. I’m sure there’s someone here who can recommend an easy way to convert the video, but in the meantime you might want to check out the program I mentioned.

There are many threads on converting PAL to NTSC but after looking at them the best suggestion is to get a DVD player that will play both formats. Search the web there are many available and the prices are very cheap.
regards

Now the rest of the story. Yes the DVD was from New Zealand, there was PAL. DVDSanta did the PAL to NTSC conversion. That conversion is time consuming, but accurate. Thanks