Not enough storage ERROR with DVD Shrink

vbimport

While encoding a DVD or DVD file I get this message:

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue

Out of memory

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Here is some additional informaiton that may help:

64% Encoding completed
Rate: 13,001 KS/s
Buffered: 1,363 MB
Time remaining: 2 minutes 30 seconds

My total Physical Memory is: 1,024 MB
Availabel Physical Memory is: 811 MB
94.5 GB free disk space on hard drive

DVD Shrink worked great for the first month or so I had installed it. Thanks for any help you can give.

Calolina

Try shutting down some background tasks, defrag your hard drive and try again. You might also run spbot and adaware. You could have picked up some malware and it might be running in the background causing spikes in your memory.

Thanks,

I don’t multitask while burning DVDs.
One of the movies I tried was “Are we there yet?” I know of the problems with coping it from what I read, but this was not one of the problems. I also encountered the same “Out of memory” when backing up a disk of the “Star Trek Voyager” series.

I tried the following:
Defraged the hard drive
Restart
Ran Spyware Doctor - No unwanted file found.
Ran McAfee - No viuses
I copied a DVD to HD using DVD Decripter, Still the same problem if I try to Encode the file with DVD shrink
I have the latest version of DVD Shrink.
And lastly, I run DVD43 in the background.

I had to look that one up as I have never heard of it. It is totally unnecessary when using DVD Shrink and/or dvd decryptor as they decrypt CSS protection on thier own.

I had this problem and solved it by converting the file system on the drive I was writing to from FAT32 to NTFS. It’s really easy to do and doesn’t require you to format the hard drive. Basically, FAT32 file structures don’t allow you to write files greater than 4GB in size. So, first, run the MS-DOS prompt (START > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt). Then navigate to the hard drive you wish to write files > 4GB to. If it’s E, then type E: and press Enter. Then type chkdsk /f - this will scan the disk and fix any problems (I had some problems with a brnad new drive which I thought was working fine - if the computer detects problems it will ask if you want to save the files, I said no). Then type convert e: /fs:ntfs. This might take a long time with seemingly no activity (I went to WalMart, so I don’t know how long it took). But after that all my files, some 3.5GB in size were all intact. No formatting took place. If you feel more confident seeing these instructions on a Microsoft website, go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307881