Not enough disk space - what?

Hi. Recently, whenever I have been doing something with large files, an error pops up, saying that I have no more disk space.

It happens when I download large files off Kazaa (700mb max), convert files with TMPGEnc etc. When I check how much space I have left on my HD, it says I have almost 3GBm and nothing like that requires 3GB.

I have a feeling that it might be the temporary space. This computer has 265mb memory, and running on Windows 98SE. I have downloaded larger files before (700mb+), and converted files that end up over a GB.

Any help would be very much appreciated :).

P.S. I didn’t know what board to put this in, so I went to the Software one.

This can occur if the free disk space on your computer has dropped below the low disk space notification threshold associated with the Disk Cleanup utility. You receive the “Hard Disk is Low on Disk Space” message when your free disk space is less than 2.5 percent of your total disk space. These thresholds are not configurable. As you stated these programs are probably using enough temp space to trigger this error message.

But the thing that sucked was that I was downloading a demo of a game I liked, and when it got that message, it failed, so I had to start all over again. It has happened about 4 times now and is really annoying, as it is about 100mb+ into the download :frowning:

You might back up some files to cd/dvd to clear up some space to see if this helps and since your drive is getting full make sure it is defragged.