Not able to copy movies anymore

I was able to copy my movies just the other day. I shut the computer down for the holidays, come back and download the new version of any dvd (6.0.8.8) now I cannot burn anything. Nothing on my whole setup has changed. I went back and got an older version of any dvd and still nothing worked. I am compressing with one click dvd. I did get one message saying that no dvd drive was found for any dvd to use but my drive is checked in the information tabs. Please help…

thanx,
strang

Try using clonedvd2 with anydvd. Just read where that worked for someone.

Enable the “aggressive mode” thing as suggested in the changelog.

[B]but what if some of us dont have clone dvd? what if we use nero or decrypter to burn?[/B]

:iagree:

Anydvd 6.0.8.8 works with Nero Recode 2.3.7.0

And I fail to see why you can’t use decrypter.

Strang,

Based on the 6.0.8.8 release notes (see a portion of the notes below) and the fact that you are using 1 Click DVD, I suspect you will have to enable “Aggressive I/O Mode” from the AnyDVD “Program Settings” menu. Give it a try and let me know whether or not it works for you.

Regards,
John

6.0.8.8 2006 11 26

• New: Added “Aggressive I/O Mode” checkbox.
    Enable the “highly aggressive I/O mode” only, if you use software which
    otherwise will not see AnyDVD’s magic, like InterVideo DVDCopy,
    1-click DVD-Copy or Pinnacle Instant copy.
    “Aggressive I/O Mode” should not be necessary if you use well designed
    software. Using “Aggressive I/O Mode” may degrade system stability.
    “Aggressive I/O Mode” is not available and not required in Windows 9X/ME.

I just tested with Recode and DVDShrink and 6.0.8.8 decrypted with no problems and without having to check the ‘Aggro I/O’ box. :bigsmile:

Some folks have had good luck by reverting to the previous version of AnyDVD. If you did a backup or system restore before updating, that should be easy to do.

This isn’t the issue. The release notes for 6.0.8.8 were very specific about what to do with 1-Click, which the OP is using:

from http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt

"6.0.8.8 2006 11 26

• New: Added “Aggressive I/O Mode” checkbox.
    Enable the “highly aggressive I/O mode” only, if you use software which
    otherwise will not see AnyDVD’s magic, like InterVideo DVDCopy,
    1-click DVD-Copy or Pinnacle Instant copy."

Well, going to earlier versions does seem to work for some of them.

It’s just a temporary workaround until they get familiar with the changes in the updates and/or more updates come out that take care of things for them.

No harm, no foul. :slight_smile:

Selecting the aggressive mode worked wonders. Everything seems to be back up and running. Thanks for all the help guys.

strang