Not able to burn image direct to DVD

I have to take a protected image and first write it to a dvd folder… Than I take the DVD folder and burn the DVD. Why is this requiring a two step process to burn an image file? I have tried both 4.0.2.0 and 4.0.2.5 beta versions with same results.

Hi molitar, the devil’s into details my friend, details…Are you using the free version or platinum?Are you trying to burn an iso,since you mention image?..details.

[QUOTE=t0nee1;1959923]Hi molitar, the devil’s into details my friend, details…Are you using the free version or platinum?Are you trying to burn an iso,since you mention image?..details.[/QUOTE]

Platinum… image is a .img of a DVD I backup a while ago and stored on an external HD. The Host 2006 is the movie I am currently trying to backup. I have no issue if I burn to a DVD folder first than burn to a DVD and I just recently tried this with DVDFab Platinum 4 haven’t done this type of burn since DVDFab Platinum 3 which worked fine a while back.

What prob are you having trying to backup “The Host” with Fab Plat? if it copy’s ok then it should burn right to disc…set target to your burner not to Fab folder…
Try burning your .img with IMGburn instead…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;1959993]What prob are you having trying to backup “The Host” with Fab Plat? if it copy’s ok then it should burn right to disc…set target to your burner not to Fab folder…
Try burning your .img with IMGburn instead…[/QUOTE]

I have… when I try to burn it direct from the .img file which is an original backup without the protection removed. When I attempt to burn it is burning at a .03MB/s write speed. I first had to burn the .img file to a dvd folder than burn the dvd folder to the DVD a 2 step process to get it to burn at all.

Well a backup is no longer an original,so yeah rip to HDD then burn from there…
What do you mean the “original backup w/o protection removed”? was it ripped or not?
You can’t burn a protected disc w/o first ripping…
Did you try burning with IMGburn in build mode?..

It was ripped without protection removed. In other words the image was still protected. When originally backed up (ripped to HD) the settings to remove protection was not checked.

Info for ISO [The_Host.img] (DVDFab Platinum 4.0.2.5 Beta)

Disc type: Video DVD
Disc region: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Volume name: HOST_DISC_1
Video standard: NTSC
Layer 0 size: 2285283 sectors (4463 MBytes)

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is not found.
RC (Region Code) protection is not found.
RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
UOPs (User Operation Prohobitions) protection is not found.

Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
Invalid CELLs protection is not found.
Invalid VOBUs protection is removed!
Fake vts 2 is removed!
Fake vts 3 is removed!
Fake vts 4 is removed!
Fake vts 5 is removed!
Fake vts 6 is removed!
Fake vts 7 is removed!
Fake vts 8 is removed!
Fake vts 9 is removed!
Fake vts 11 is removed!
Fake vts 12 is removed!
10 fake vts protections are removed!
Bad sector protection is not found!
Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is removed!

PathPlayer is enabled!

I’m beginning to think the software does not check the original image for protection before attempting to write it… I guess that is something that should be added check for protection… if so than rip it than burn it needs to be implemented into the software itself. I’ll suggest that in the beta thread.