Not able to burn dvds at 16x since installed incd

vbimport

orginally i could burn dvd’s in nero burning rom at 16x but since i installed the incd package it has limited my burner to 8x even on 16x dvd+/- R discs i have a sony external usb dvd writer (dru-820u) with nero 7 ultra. i was wondering if any one knew how i could get it to go back to writing at 16x

Welcome to CD Freaks.

InCD can be a system wrecker & I’d never install it personally. So my advice would be to remove it immediately.

When you say that the burn speed is limited to 8x , is this the actual burn speed or the highest burn speed offered now?

Some would suggest that 12x is probably the best you’d get on USB but I don’t have USB burners so I wouldn’t know about that.

it’s the highest burn speed offered now i’ve already removed the incd package and reboot thinkin it was my problem, i never noticed the actual burn speed before this but 16x was always offered and it would burn rather fast so i would assume the actual used to be 12x but now it is limited and as it has gone is 8x offered and 8x actual

Are you using a new batch of DVDs?

And actually what is the Media ID of the DVDs? Get this with Neor’s CD-DVD Speed & the Disk Info tab.

Memorex box A :
Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : DVD+R
Book Type : DVD+R
Manufacturer: : Ricoh
MID : RICOHJPN R03 (004)
Write speeds: : 2.4 X - 4 X - 8 X
Blank Capacity : 4.38 GB
: 4482 MB
: 4700375040 bytes
Extended Information
Layers : 1
Write strategies : 4 X
Disc Status : Empty

Memorex Box B:
Basic Information
Disc type: : DVD+R
Book Type : DVD+R
Manufacturer: : Ricoh
MID : RICOHJPN R03 (004)
Write speeds: : 2.4 X - 4 X - 8 X
: 4482 MB
: 4700375040 bytes
Extended Information
Write strategies : 4 X

OfficeMax Brand Box C:
Basic Information
Disc type: : DVD-R
Book Type : DVD-R
Manufacturer: : CMC
MID : CMC MAG. AM3
Write speeds: : 2 X - 4 X - 8 X - 16 X
: 4488 MB
: 4706076672 bytes
Extended Information
Usage : General
Recorder information : recorded with SONY DVD RW DRU-820A

I guess it is in the media then?

Looks that way.

It’s actually a combination of the burner’s firmeware & the media. There might be a firmware upgrade that’ll burn these Memorex disks faster. But it must be said that Memorex is generally crap media & best avoided.

Get yourself some quality disks like Verbatim +R & see how that goes.

ok thanks for the help and advice

I only installed InCD once, personally… the first time I installed Nero 6 after buying it. After that, it was banished from my system rather quickly, lol. The only appeal of it for me is that it would allow me to write directly to UDF-formatted DVD-RAM discs, but apparently Vista adds this capability, so perhaps after I upgrade later this year I won’t even bother thinking about InCD anymore. Perhaps SP3 will add this feature to XP (though I doubt it).