Norton Antivirus 2007

Help!
Can I update a Norton antivirus 2007 install with a new Norton Antivirus 2007 software package with new key’s ??

Reason being, I just bought two seprate Norton AV packages on E Bay by mistake, thought I might be able to update one with the other at the end of the year?? :confused:

Thank’s in advance Hootal

[QUOTE=Hootal;1935063]Help!
Can I update a Norton antivirus 2007 install with a new Norton Antivirus 2007 software package with new key’s ??

Reason being, I just bought two seprate Norton AV packages on E Bay by mistake, thought I might be able to update one with the other at the end of the year?? :confused:

Thank’s in advance Hootal[/QUOTE]

I think you can but incase you can’t your best adivsed to contact Norton…

Whats the difference anyway, you get the same updates and the same virus definitions and both V7. Just uninstall one and install the other using your key then you got another year.

That’s my question…both boxes are 2007 versons, can one 2007 version update another 2007 version???

Hoot…

[quote=Hootal;1935767]That’s my question…both boxes are 2007 versons, can one 2007 version update another 2007 version???

Hoot…[/quote]

That’s my point. You got two similar cars with different keys. drive one with its own key. Both cars use the same petrol and the same parts. Now you want to use one in priority with the other so what I am saying to you is, park the other in the garage and drive the other. See my analogy? Why did it went to a car???:confused:

Once installed, the key is irrelevant in obtaining updates and virus definitions.
I used Norton for a long time now including v2007 though now I use 360. Got two keys? Use one, wait till it expires and then use another one to get another year of subscription. Its common knowledge though that the subscription will re-set if unstalled and re-installed.

My concern was that if not used it might expire at the end of 2007!

Thanks… Hoot!

[QUOTE=Hootal;1936621]My concern was that if not used it might expire at the end of 2007!

Thanks… Hoot![/QUOTE]

no, i don’t think it would, as you could buy it after NAV 2008 comes out and still use that key.

you can probably still buy NAV 2006 with a serial from that date and it’ll still work for a year from when you installed/registered it