Norton Ad-Blocking

vbimport

I recently reinstalled Norton Internet Security. I used live update and changed the settings to my liking. But the thing is that Norton Ad-Blocker won’t block ad’s… It did before and i had no problems. It is really annoying me now!!!:a :a

Does anyone have a solution

someone must know, for example before I reinstalled it, the ad at the top of this site wasn’t there… it is now…

Did you turn on the Ad Blocking, I am sure it is off by default.
Double click the NIS icon in the tray and click Ad Blocking then click Turn On.

if you mean like this mine is working fine after all update

kaybing27
If you accessed the web-site while ad-blocking was off, the banners may show from the browser cache now. Try to empty you cache, and see if it works.

MATA7, I mean the one at the top of the page you are looking at now! (meritline.com)

Ad-Blocking is (im sure) ON! What are the settings on yours when you click NIS-adblocking-configure-advanced-global settings:confused: ???

Thanks.

Also, under statistics, it says under content blocked, that it has blocked “0” for everything…

please help, all these pop-ups!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

offtopic
Get yourself Proxomitron, drop it into start up, change browser proxy settings to localhost:8080 and forget about any pop-ups, banners counters, gif animation, etc, etc. Under 4mb of RAM.

i think i found the problem… according to all sources, they think im using Modzilla 4.0… EH?.. I’m using IE… HELP! If i solve this i think i will solve EVERYTHING! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

More Info:

Your User Agent is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Your Browser Application is Microsoft Internet Explorer
Your IP is ***********

More Info:
HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
HTTP_ACCEPT=image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/x-gsarcade-launch, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, /
HTTP_HOST=www.monkeybrains.net
HTTP_CONNECTION=Keep-Alive
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=en-gb
HTTP_REFERER=http://www.monkeybrains.net/support/FAQ.html
SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.1
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING=gzip, deflate

I can relate to the frustration of missing images and links when Norton Security is turned on. So, I found a way to bypass the blocking! There’s a program that I downloaded called “Site Block Zapper”.

It finds all the links and images that Norton is blocking and quickly makes them visible – even with Norton Blocking on!

I’ve been using it for a few months now and it works great. You can get it at http://www.cgiconnection.com/software/6700