Norton 360 "Buy More Storage" Need it or Not"

vbimport

I just purchased Nortons 360. I installed it on one of my computers. I ran a scan with no viruses. Be it said that I had low storage for online backup. Avail. space 89.0 mb Total space 2GB. Norton me you can buy storage for I year 5 GB storage $29.99 10 Gb 49.99 etc. After Buying the program do you have to buy this every year. Is there any way to fix this problem without buying more storeage from Norton, And what will happen if I do not get the addition storage! Don’t Know what to do!

Are you using or do you need the online backup feature? Is that why you bought the program? If not, then you should disable or ignore that. It’s not something you have to use.

Norton 360 is a commercial product run by a corporation, and they will use any excuse to try and squeeze money out of you. If you’re looking for some type of online backup (maybe because you’ve heard all the hype about “cloud” computing), then look for some free alternatives (do some Google searching).

Thank You For The Info

I previously had the free trial version of the regular norton (Sorry, I’m not sure what the name is) and it offered a free trial version which came with a small amount 2-5 GB of backup, yet after it ran out I purchased Norton 360 premier (retail is around $60-70) but I found it on amazon for $30-40) and it provides 30GB of online storage. However, I still receive the message that my 5GB of storage is running out from my previous version. So, in my opinion depending on how long you have on your norton subscription and/or if your looking primarily for online storage, or your looking for antivirus software, I think its a relatively good deal with a reasonable amount of space for particular items along with the software – Also, if you check the web, the prices are much better.

[QUOTE=FCAppraiser;2646457]I previously had the free trial version of the regular norton (Sorry, I’m not sure what the name is) and it offered a free trial version which came with a small amount 2-5 GB of backup, yet after it ran out I purchased Norton 360 premier (retail is around $60-70) but I found it on amazon for $30-40) and it provides 30GB of online storage. However, I still receive the message that my 5GB of storage is running out from my previous version. So, in my opinion depending on how long you have on your norton subscription and/or if your looking primarily for online storage, or your looking for antivirus software, I think its a relatively good deal with a reasonable amount of space for particular items along with the software – Also, if you check the web, the prices are much better.[/QUOTE]

Not sure but you should really check the posted date. It was resolved and your issue is something that should be addressed in another thread. As mentioned by the other poster it’s a commercial usage and user have more cloud option then Norton and they haven’t had a good image in A/V protection lately. That kinda purchase is money for them and a loss for you either way you see it. They know they can get suckers and by buying into their line your on the loosing side. There are plenty of other cloud storage out there for which the poster said you can search for and get for less. So if you really have problem with Norton you should contact their support people and talk to them.

Every time someone says they use Norton Anti-Virus I strongly suspect that
they use AOL as their browser home page.

And I continue the thought that Norton is as much an imitation of
anti-virus software as AOL is an imitation of the internet.

I systematically remove Norton from any computer I work on. if a
customer wants Norton they can install it because I won’t.

Norton spends too much time doing what I call “Waving the corporate flag”.
It does this by throwing false positives sometimes of ficticious/non-existing
"problems" that it must remove/repair simply to convince you it is doing
something so that they can justify you paying your annual subscription fee for it.

Cloud storage of data is an excellent thing to pay for… until you consider
that you can buy a 64gb USB drive that you can keep in the console of
your car for far less money per GB. and if you want greater security buy
a couple more thumb drives and keep them in seperate places.

And unlike Cloud storage nobody is going to determine that any of your files
violate terms of service and delete them (and your paid for account) on an
unexplained whim, over which you have no right of appeal.

Can’t blame a company for trying to gain extra bucks. It’s not that they are forcing you to purchase it. A good consumer knows when he’s getting screwed, because he has had a lifetime of experiences in a wide variety of commercials.