Northern Alberta

Hi all. I have been reading some of the questions and answers on this site and am impressed. It’s nice to have someplace to go with computer issues and speak with people having the same problems.
The answers i’ve read to-day may have addressed an issue i’m having recording DVD’s with “Fab Platinum”.
The process 1/1 and 2/2 work flawlessly but i’m having issues with the movies stopping and jumping with pixalation near the end of the movie. I thought it might be the software or my drive but after reading some of your comments to another person having the same problems, i will try slowing down the write process to see if it corrects itself. I have tried using various blank media manufacturers from low-end to high with the same results. If anyone has more ideas, i would be happy to hear them.:bow:

[QUOTE=Edmonton;1966198]Hi all. I have been reading some of the questions and answers on this site and am impressed. It’s nice to have someplace to go with computer issues and speak with people having the same problems.
The answers i’ve read to-day may have addressed an issue i’m having recording DVD’s with “Fab Platinum”.
The process 1/1 and 2/2 work flawlessly but i’m having issues with the movies stopping and jumping with pixalation near the end of the movie. I thought it might be the software or my drive but after reading some of your comments to another person having the same problems, i will try slowing down the write process to see if it corrects itself. I have tried using various blank media manufacturers from low-end to high with the same results. If anyone has more ideas, i would be happy to hear them.:bow:[/QUOTE]Welcome to CDF’s

It would help if you would post you DVD drive and some system specs along with the media code for the blanks your using. Not the brand name.

Have u tried to watch an .img of the movie with VLC player? What media r u using?

My PC is an hp pavilion zd8000. I’m using an external DVD writer.
Samsung model: SE-S204N/AMBN super writemaster w/lightscribe.
I havn’t tried any lightscribe dvd’s yet but have used Memorex DVD-R
I have also upgraded to DVDFab 4.0.3.2 maybe this will fix the problem, i understand this could be an issue with older versions. I will continue to test the water to find a fix.
Thanks for your help.

[QUOTE=Edmonton;1966570]My PC is an hp pavilion zd8000. I’m using an external DVD writer.
I havn’t tried any lightscribe dvd’s yet [B]but have used Memorex DVD-R[/B]
I have also upgraded to DVDFab 4.0.3.2 maybe this will fix the problem, i understand this could be an issue with older versions. I will continue to test the water to find a fix.
Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

There lies the problem…
Please try with DVD media from Verbatim or TY!

[QUOTE=Edmonton;1966570]My PC is an hp pavilion zd8000. I’m using an external DVD writer.
I havn’t tried any lightscribe dvd’s yet but have used Memorex DVD-R
Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

Like I said above… See, it may not be a software issue. The only way to check for sure is to make an image of the movie (a file on the harddrive) and then watch it with VLC player. If it plays fine then it the media (would be my #1 guess with memorex) or the hardware, DMA and so on…

Take a look at Future Shop, they have 100 pack spindles of Verbatims on right now for $19.99. It would be even better if you could find some old stock as opposed to the new purple wrapped stuff, but it might be hard to find. I think the sale ends Thursday.

The new Verbatims are in the Orange wrap whatever that means.

The best of both worlds.

Just an update… i have been using the “Lightscribe” discs from HP and Verbatum, both have been performing flawlessly for both music and movie burning. Perhaps it has something to do with my new writer or the fact i’m using lightscribe discs or both. The important thing here is the combination is working very well for me right now and if it aint broken…
Thank you all for your help, it’s frustrating knowing how you want something to work and not knowing how to achieve it.