Normal temperature for a P4 3.00E GHz?

Hi, everyone. I bought a P4 3.00E GHz processor back in September, and I just installed MBM5. Idling, the CPU temperature is ~35 degrees Celcius. When typing/surfing the net, the temperature is ~45 degrees Celcius. So far, this seems fine. However, when I’m playing games, it can go as high as 60 degrees Celcius. I know that the Prescott series can run a little hot, but is 60 degrees too high?

Thanks for any input. :slight_smile:

Maybe it’ll be better to have a better case and a better CPU cooler. 25 degree Celcius difference between idle and gaming times seems to me too much.

lol
U should be happy about your temperature
I have outstanding good adn cool p4
I have same thing as you and its normal at 50°C and when I play games it heats up to 70°C
normal temperature for these processors is 60/70°C
so what are u complaining :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/printpage/143/6
What do you have for a case and what is your fan layout ?

60C is fine if you have a standard Intel heatsink and a low airflow case. Remember that the P4 chips are about the hottest CPU’s out there for the ammount of work they do.

The CPU itself will throttle down when it gets to hot anyway so its not to bad but I would not like to run it at that temp all the time. If CoreTemp works with your CPU it can show you how far from the max temps you are getting.

A question not directly related to the thread topic.

What is the reason to answer to a thread with the last posting was in 2004. Is this a type of spam or joke? I saw this type of answers (a new user with only one posting in the statistics) answering to oooooold theads. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=TM;2138317]A question not directly related to the thread topic.

What is the reason to answer to a thread with the last posting was in 2004. Is this a type of spam or joke? I saw this type of answers (a new user with only one posting in the statistics) answering to oooooold theads. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
You are most observant, sir. :o