Norcent 52x32x52 at best buy is A rebagged Liteon!

I guess no one even bothered to buy one of these? Norcent does not seem to be popular of a drive in most of the threads I have read. Anyway My lite-on 48x24x48 just took a chit after less than 1 year of use ,albit 100’s of cdr’s written still it was nowhere near the 70,000 hours as stated on the liteon site. Being kind of pissed and not wanting to throw any more good money after bad
I thought I would try this cheap drive out.
So anyway the Norcent 52x32x52 drive A got at bestbuy for 19$ (MIRB) is A LTR-52327S, thier top of the line model rebagged! Look for smart-burn & smartx on the box. Its on sale till Nov 15.
I have read Norcent stinks on sending back rebates though,I guess I will see. Just thought I would share this will you all Good luck!

Zen

Originally posted by StateOfZen

So anyway the Norcent 52x32x52 drive A got at bestbuy for 19$ (MIRB) is A LTR-52327S
The model of the Norcent drive available @BB is [COLOR=blue]RW521, i.e 52x24x52,
which is none other than the BenQ 5224W - 52x CD-ReWriter ( rebadged )[/COLOR]

Welcome to the forum, StateOfZen ! :smiley:

Oh Contrare,Mona A Meee

This is A scan of the drive that I bought. Its A Rebagged Lite-on,In your infinte wisdom you can plainly see its A Lite-on!

Notice the picture you have from the best buy site is A 52x24x52 drive not A 32x CDRW.
They Must of been having quota problems, I have the rebate slips and it is a 52x32x52 Norcent not like the 52x24x52 like advertised. The box I bought on the back Has A white shipping label with A UPC Identifing it As A RW521/RW53 52x24x52 INTERNAL DR , so go figure. So I guess your correct As in the 24x CDRW are all BenQ’s.Good of you to point that out.

Originally posted by StateOfZen

The box I bought on the back Has A white shipping label with A UPC Identifing it As A RW521/RW53 52x24x52 INTERNAL DR , so go figure.
Yeah, it’s kinda confusing. Especially when there’s no RW531 presented @ either site.

But it’s good to know they have switched to LiteOn. I guess you’re lucky having bought it for @19.90 :wink:

I called my local BB about this Norcent and ask if it said anything on the box about burnproof so i would know if it was a liteon or not. The guy said that it didnt say anything about burnproof so now I dont know if it is LiteOn or not. I live an hr away that is why I called first. So if I drive up there how can I tell for sure if it is a rebadged Liteon or not. If not what is it and should I go ahead and get it. Im without a burner now since my Acer 10x bit the dust.

Originally posted by Beaner242

if it said anything on the box about burnproof so i would know if it was a liteon or not.
The guy said that it didnt say anything about burnproof
Before you’re going there, call them again
and ask if there are Smart-Burn & Smart-X mentioned anywhere on the box.

even if its not liteon? Hard to beat $20.

even if its not liteon? Hard to beat $20.
Yep, I guess so. :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Just got back from BB, The Norcent burner is a liteon so i got that and they also had some good Fuji CD-rs so got some of them. Then stopped at Office Max and got the last $9 DVD ROM. The lady had it behind the counter for herself but said she would let me have it. Today was a good day to shop.

Just got back from BB, The Norcent burner is a liteon
Congrats !!!

anyone got an idea on what sheep level this is cause i happen to own one but im not sure if its worth opening because my cruddy no-name burner is still intact. Thanx!!

Originally posted by Jason_Ford

anyone got an idea on what sheep level this is

Is the Nocent sale still going on?

I went to my local BB and found both the Lite-on and the Benq Nocent boxes - either was selling for $49.99 with no rebate whatsoever.

The saleswoman searched her computer and the current store ad and there was no rebate.

Thanks;

Stan

Originally posted by sbrager

Is the Nocent sale still going on?

As for this particular subject, it was hot in November last year.