Noob Question About Cd/Dvd Printing

Sorry i know this is a noob question, and im sure its been asked alot on this forum. Ive read up on a few threads about my question but some of them are kinda old…

Well my question is what is the best cd/dvd printer.
I hear espon and canon are but idk what models or anything that are the best

i need it to be the best printing quality so it looks real professinal on th cd’s that are printed on.

Any suggestions please?

Some help please?

[QUOTE=izzy2009;2237256]Sorry i know this is a noob question, and im sure its been asked alot on this forum. Ive read up on a few threads about my question but some of them are kinda old…

Well my question is what is the best cd/dvd printer.
I hear espon and canon are but idk what models or anything that are the best

i need it to be the best printing quality so it looks real professinal on th cd’s that are printed on.

Any suggestions please?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum:)

Epson and Canon are both good cd/dvd printers. Avoid HP. Canon printers sold in US have cd printing disabled. You have to buy a tray and modify the printer firmware. Impressed with my Epson RX680’s disc printing:iagree:.
Your choice of printable discs will make the biggest difference in how proffesional the disc print looks. Taiyo-Yuden Watershields will give you the most impressive prints, and great burns:bow:

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2237368]Welcome to the forum:)

Epson and Canon are both good cd/dvd printers. Avoid HP. Canon printers sold in US have cd printing disabled. You have to buy a tray and modify the printer firmware. Impressed with my Epson RX680’s disc printing:iagree:.
Your choice of printable discs will make the biggest difference in how proffesional the disc print looks.[/QUOTE]

which printable disc are the best?
i ordered some silver inkjet cds are those good?

Edited my post. Look below. Watershields give amazing prints. Are you Just printing some text and graphics, or a complete background where photo-quality results would help?

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2237377]Edited my post. Look below. Watershields give amazing prints. Are you Just printing some text and graphics, or a complete background where photo-quality results would help?[/QUOTE]

well it depends i would say all of it cuz sometimes it will be just text and graphics then it could be complete backround

also thank you for replying i really needed this info

[QUOTE=izzy2009;2237378]well it depends i would say all of it cuz sometimes it will be just text and graphics then it could be complete backround

also thank you for replying i really needed this info[/QUOTE]

White is probably best for all-around use. And the most amazing looking white discs are T-Y watershields. If you’re looking to print some fancy text and a few graphics with a silver background, silver’s fine. Some photos can look good with the silvery iridescent background too.

thanks
and just asking do those watershields on the bottom look like a cd-r? Or dose it look professional with a silver bottom?

also do you have one of thise disc with something printed on it so i can see an example please?

[quote=izzy2009;2238229]thanks
and just asking do those watershields on the bottom look like a cd-r? Or dose it look professional with a silver bottom?

also do you have one of thise disc with something printed on it so i can see an example please?[/quote]

A link to one I scanned a bit back http://club.cdfreaks.com/f123/direct-disc-printing-printable-cds-dvds-261767/.
Why would you want the bottom to look silver?

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2238323]A link to one I scanned a bit back http://club.cdfreaks.com/f123/direct-disc-printing-printable-cds-dvds-261767/.
Why would you want the bottom to look silver?[/QUOTE]

well it its my friends underground music and were printing some cd’s out and were just trying to make it look professional

:doh:What brand cd-r’s did you order? You’ll need to choose between most professional looking print and silver bottom. Watershields are best-looking print, light-blue bottom. Prodisc white printable silver/diamond bottom probably best if store-bought looking bottom is more important.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2238355]:doh:What brand cd-r’s did you order? You’ll need to choose between most professional looking print and silver bottom. Watershields are best-looking print, light-blue bottom. Prodisc white printable silver/diamond bottom probably best if store-bought looking bottom is more important.[/QUOTE]

the ones i ordered were silver( on top) inkjet printable and the bottom was a diamond looking so it looks professional.

but yea thanks for the info im get so of those T-Y watershields they look like they come out real good