Noob Needs Major Help

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to help me. I just purchased HOSTEL and I’m trying to make a backup. (I’m using NERO6-and DVD43) Every time i go to Import DVD an error box pop’s up that say’s…“Nero Recode Encountered a problem and cannot continue-Encoding Error-Illeagal program state occurred.”…When I start the Nero program I hit DVD, then click Copy Entire DVD-Video-then screen pops-up and I go to Import DVD" Also before entering the Nero program I wait for the DVD43 smiley face to go from Yellow-devil-To Green. Can someone help please?

Thank’s…

Anyone please…

HOSTEL is protected. Nero can’t read the DVD. Get “DVDFab decripter” and decode first. Look on Google, it’s free…

From what I understand DVD43 is no longer being updated. Try DVDFab Decrypter or Ripit4Me. Both are free and are updated regularly. Make sure you deinstall DVD43 before installing any other new ripper as it conflicts with almost all of them. :wink:

Thank’s I will try them out…

To use the FAB decrypter do you send it to you hard drive. I tried to just write it to the blank disc and it kept saying do " All the files in directory E:DVD/ will be deleted" Then I click yes and it says “Failed to create E: DVD/ directory” …?

Just make a folder on your desk top and and sent the files to it. then open the folder with DVD Shrink and go from there. Once Shrink has compessed the files to fit on a single layer disc open Nero Express and burn the Video_TS folder in the folder that you saved your Shrink files in.
Check here for a guide for DVD Shrink.