Noob needs help understanding Video_TS and Audio_TS and more!

First, here’s what I want to do, I want to copy certain music videos off my DVDs. I want to make a Video juke box on my PC. Not into doing the full DVD.

When I rip the DVD I get an Audio_TS folder and a Video_TS folder. I have been opening the VOB files in the Video)TS folder one at a time, then using VideoReDo to cut out the videos I want. Then I save them in the mpg format. What I don’t understand is, when I save each clip to my hard drive as an mpg am I getting the otpion to play back in multiple audio formats, DTS or two-channel for example, or is there something I’m losing because I am ignoring the Audio_TS directory? Should I save the clips differently so I get DTS or DD in addition to tw0-channel audio?

By the way, is there any way to not end up with multiple VOB files or is that just the way it is?

I’ve copied about 30 videos so far but I don’t want to do any more if I’m doing something wrong in that I won’t have the best possible video and have the various audio options (DTS, DD etc) on playback.

My PC is not hooked up to my home theater system yet so I haven’t tested to see if I’m getting multi-channel sound (DTS, DOLBY Digital, etc). Is there software that shows sound levels for 5.1 or 7.1 channels? Right now I’m using the Realtek HD Audio Manager that came with my mother board for controlling the onboard audio processing.

Sorry if this has been asked before, just not sure what to search for since my questions are so basic. Any help will be appreciated very much. I am such a noob! :o

Thanks.

Nowandthen -

Are you aware that you are posting in the AnyDVD Forum?

Your above inquiry has nothing the do with the AnyDVD Software Program and as such your posting is Off Topic for the AnyDVD Forum.

Your inquiry is related to DVD Authoring and would be more appropriate disused in the Video Edit Software Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32). In the Video Edit Software Forum there are many “User Tutorials” that will guide you through the DVD Authoring and the Video Editing process.

BeLooken

No I didn’t realize I was in the wrong forum. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.