Noob Install Question

Please help a noob get this figured out… I originally downloaded and installed V5.0.2.0 from the download page, but the version installed showed V5.0.0.0. After some investigation time I discovered that the links on the main page and the link on the download page give you different file names. The install link on the main page downloaded a file labeled DVDFab5020_avangate-689, but on the download page the file was DVDFabNonCSS5022_avangate-689. When I installed the one with the NonCss in the label, the installed version always reports v5.0.0.0… when I install the one without the NonCss in the label it comes out right and shows v5.0.2.0… So now I want to install the new v5.0.2.2, only now both links download a file called DVDFabNonCSS5022_avangae-689. When I install this, it once again shows as v5.0.0.0, both in the about window of the program when running, and in the add/remove programs of the control panel. So what am I doing wrong?? I don’t get it… how can I get a working version of v5.0.2.2??? Sorry if this is unclear, but I don’t know how else to say it… thanx for any help…

Are you downloading from DVDFab.com?

That is where you should be downloading from.

Try this one.

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB5&vid=avangate&aid=689

Thanx for the quick response guys… I was going to DVDfab.net… I don’t know how I got that, but when I go to DVDfab.com, the working links now show up… I don’t know how I got DVDfab.net, but it is truely confusing… the pages look identical… anyways, the link you gave me works great and I’m fixed… thanx again…

Is DVDFab.[U]NET[/U] a Phishing site? It certainly sounds like one.

[QUOTE=bedecc;2064162]Is DVDFab.[U]NET[/U] a Phishing site? It certainly sounds like one.[/QUOTE]No. I think it was set up to avoid that someone else could buy the address an use it as a one.

The .net page is also the one you get transfered to when you are going to buy the program, if you are currently using the .com page.

And the NON-CSS versions of Fab are on there for business/legal reasons.

Ah, I understand. In the eternal wisdom of Monty Python, Say no more.