:confused:

OK.. Heres my specs
AMD 1.3 Tbird
640Mb SDRAM
40gig 7200 HDD
AoPen 2440
Ner0 (latest version)
CloneCD4

Right... I need some advice on what I can and cant do with this Aopen burner..... will I be able to backup sd2.51 protected titles? (ie MOHAA/ JK2/ GTA3....) or do I have to give up on the idea of backing up my precious masters ($110 each)?

If I can do it .. what should I expect to see when using CloneCD??

IE.. when I tried to make a backup image of MOHAA.. the log file said my burner did not support Fast Error Skip...and I got a whole list of unreadable sectors....is this to be expected and will the new betablocked patch fix this prob???

Any other tips would be great... and yes I am reading thru as much as I can... you guys have a great forum here.. THANKS:bow:

The default game profile should do just fine. And the errors are suposed to be there…

:confused:

thanks… tried the sd2.5 AWS profile and then droped the image.img file into betablocker (new one) and viola… another shiny coaster to add to the collection… :rolleyes:

1. will my Aopen 2440 do the job or is it a hunk’o’junk?
  2. if it will… do I use the std game profile or the sd2.5aws (dloaded from this site)?
    3)do I need to use betablocker?

thanks for the time and advice… really appreciated

Cheers
:smiley:

Aopen cannot handle correct EFM encoding which is needed for the SafeDisc 2.51.021 protection MoH:AA uses. You need to write the image with AWS enabled as already mentioned here before. Do not use BetaBlocker when using AWS: BB+AWS=Coaster. Try reading and writing the disc with the standard Game Profile. I presume you can use AWS (it’s disabled for the US and Japan). If not enable it with this tool. I suggest reading at a low read speed (4x). When playing the back-up from a CD-writer you have to enable ‘Hide CDR Media’ in the CloneCD tray. This is because of the so-called ATIP protection. You can of course just play the back-up from a normal CD-Rom. One final thing to keep in mind: AWS doesn’t work for each drive. There’s no guarantee you’ll get a working back-up with AWS enabled for your Aopen drive. Try using some CD-RW discs first so save on CD-R’s :wink:

:bow:

thanks… I appreciate you time and the easy explanation

Cheers:D