Non-functioning Widgets

I have a problem with some widgets I’ve downloaded. Specifically, the PGA Tour Leaderboard widget, and The Open widget. Every time I open them, and then try to use them, the following error message appears, and I have to close the widget:

Yahoo! Widgets has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This is extremely frustrating as the widgets are then completely useless. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to rectify this problem?

Uninstall widgets which crash the widget bar. :iagree:

The widget bar doesn’t crash, just the widget itself. The sources (PGA Tour website & The Open website) should be reputable websites, so I don’t know what the problem is. The other widgets on the bar all work perfectly.
I’ve uninstalled them and re-installed them but the problem persists.

I’ve since downloaded the widget on another computer and it works fine. So I must have some virus or bug on my laptop, but I haven’t a clue what - I scan it regularly with Ad-Aware and Spybot.

Adaware & spybot are malware, but not virus, scanners.

Panda, Symantec, and a few other major AV vendors have online virus scanners you can use to check whether the Laptop has any trouble.

Honestly, probably just remove the widget, and try downloading them again. They might be old versions, or didn’t install right, or had download errors or something.

[QUOTE=wolobofe;2308768]I’ve since downloaded the widget on another computer and it works fine. So I must have some virus or bug on my laptop, but I haven’t a clue what - I scan it regularly with Ad-Aware and Spybot.[/QUOTE]

Put this way to many widgets and your asking for trouble. If you don’t know what the widgets are really doing behind the scenes then you shouldn’t use them. For me I don’t install widgets or toolbar-I consider those malware and bots which phone home and track your internet habits and report back to the sponsors not the site you downloaded them from. Those are tracking programs and use you to advertise their products.