NOLF 2 image error (Daemon)

I’m trying to install NOLF2 from an image with Daemon 2.23. I get a ‘cycle redundancy error’ in GAME.REZ and installation aborts. Anyone know why this happened? Is the image corrupt or is it a Daemon issue? The original disc works fine, so I’m at a loss.

Have you d/l this image or read it yourself?

Read it myself. Otherwise i’d know better than to ask here. I figured it out. It turned out to be a bad read. I fist got it to work on a CloneDrive and with DAEMON as well. Just never had that error happen before. Now just waiting till we can burn these new games to CD as well.

I got the same prblem with NOLF2. I tried Blindsuite 4.2.4:
First I read the CD with Physical CD characteristic dumper. Then
read the CD with Blindread. Burnt the CD and the worked (yeah :bigsmile: ).
But I read the burnt CD with CloneCD and what I saw was a lot of read errors !!!
I tried to burn it with Alcohol120% 1.3.5b1.1.25 but not NOLF2 not
started :Z

I used my Plex24/10/40 to read and write the image ! Is this normal that BWS is producing errors ?

atomic_zORRo

I’m having the exact same problem with the image i downloaded. I’m new to this whole burning iso’s thing. I’m not too sure exactly what to do to get it to work. Can someone please explain this to me in easy terms. I’m only using nero right now, and WinISO to burn the images.

Thanks. I would appreciate any help you can give.

1. image downloading is not legal, no further explanation needed.

2. you cant burn a working back-up from an .ISO or .BIN file. because these file formats dont support alternative data information like eg subchannel data wich is required for the Securom protections.

Originally posted by atomic_zORRo
[B]I got the same prblem with NOLF2. I tried Blindsuite 4.2.4:
First I read the CD with Physical CD characteristic dumper. Then
read the CD with Blindread. Burnt the CD and the worked (yeah :bigsmile: ).
But I read the burnt CD with CloneCD and what I saw was a lot of read errors !!!
I tried to burn it with Alcohol120% 1.3.5b1.1.25 but not NOLF2 not
started :Z

I used my Plex24/10/40 to read and write the image ! Is this normal that BWS is producing errors ?
[/B]

1. You have a working copy so why are you trying to copy the copy?

2. The process by which the copy works is through the inclusion of twin sectors on the burnt copy so as to imitate the physical structure of the original cd. Many readers are sensitive to the twin sectors, particularly plextors, and so will produce read errors if attempting to copy the copy. Accordingly, yes, it is normal that you got read errors when you tried to read the copy with your plex.

3. It is only rarely possible to copy a working copy of a cd made with the twin sector method successfully. If for some reason, you require an additional legitimate further back-up copy, make it from your original cd.