Nolf 2 & Hitman 2

I can’t be positive about this because I am currently at work & I have a LOUSY CD-RW here, but…

Clony is NOT detecting an protection on either of these 2 titles. However, ISONEWS says SECUROM is the protection on NOLF 2. It doens’t specify what Hitman 2 has.

I picked both these titles up during my lunch hour.

If this is new Securom, I’m going to cry. :frowning:

If the disc is pressed by “Sony Dadc” you can be sure that it’s Securom.
Try to scan the cd with Yaps.
Greetings.

I don’t see the Sony symbol anywhere on either title. Also, what is YAPS & where do I get it?

I don’t remember the site. Use google.
Greetings

edit: wrong link.
This one is correct :www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_2.shtml

OK…

YAPS says NOLF 2 is “None or Unknown” becomes worried

YAPS says Hitman 2 is “Securom NEW” begins crying

I’m ready to hang myself just anticipating the results once I get home. :frowning:

For the love of God & all things holy… SOMEBODY beat this protection!!! :frowning:

Both are Securom NEW.

they end.

Originally posted by Copy Lord
YAPS says NOLF 2 is “None or Unknown” becomes worried

Scan the directory where you installed it too. Protection scanners often miss securom new on the cd but yaps rarely misses it when it scans the folder where the game’s installed on your hard drive.

Also, if they are securom, check the version #. You might be lucky and have one that can still be copied (v. 4.77.00.0029 or below).

Update: From what I’ve read elsewhere, both these titles use a version of securom >4.77.00.0029 which means I’m afraid you’re out of luck. :frowning:

Someone DESTROY this protection!!! :a

you could try, if you can find them, to burn the image on a Kodak Gold Ultima cdr; this media beats Cdcops on some readers.
It worked for me with a Cdcops protected cd; I was able to obtain a partially working backup (only on some readers).
Greetings.:slight_smile:

Using my old Plextor 8/4/32A cdrw, I was able to somewhat make a copy of NOLF2. The copied discs would install perfectly, I just can’t run the game with them. Guess I’ll wait for a no-cd crack to release or until someone figures out how to defeat this SecuRom New v4.7xx protection.

Using CloneCD 4.0.1.10:

Read:
Subchannel data + audio ON
Regenerate Data Sector ON
everything else OFF

Write:
left everything OFF

BTW, I used the old Plextor since it was able to do a perfect copy of Warcraf 3 with the above settings while my LiteOn 24102B couldn’t.

Just a note to keep in mind…different countries often have different protections…recently alot of US titles have had no protection…

I am not saying NOLF2 and Hitman 2 will fall in this category but it is possible

I am not saying NOLF2 and Hitman 2 will fall in this category but it is possible

NOLF2 has SecureRom 4 on there, I’ve tried so many method of emulate, copy, clone… none works…

The thing that I do not understand is how piracy groups can develop cracks to run the game, but it cannot be backed up. Is there an explanation for this? I can’t make sense of it, because obviously somebody must know how the game works.

The difference is that when backing-up a entirely CD, u must replicate all the special patterns the disc has. This can be wrong sectors, weak ones, subchannel CRC check, twin sectors, dummies and so on. This is not so easy because in many ways it’s cd recorder dependant. If your recorder can backup it…perfect, but in many cases we aren’t so luckly, so we need to search for something that works ( usually illegal).
Cracking a game is in most cases easyly that copy it. It is quite easyer comparing to perfect copying it. The only thing to do is to avoid certain check ( when the protection is) and its done. No matter what type of protection or how difficult can be to duplicate it, avoiding the check, you avoid the protection (and the legally rules too) This way is easy if you now where the .exe file execute the order to check…bypass it and miracle!..xDD
( there is something more but no sense to post it here yet)

Good luck!

I have a US copy of NOLF 2 …Securom 4.82.01.0029

I made a backup…but it just spins then nothing…no error message

nealh,

try my method above and all you’ll need is a no-cd crack from www.gamecopyworld.com. Hope your cdrw is up to snuff.

thanks j00k…I am sure my copy with just subs is fine with a no cd patch…

I was really reporting back that the NOLF2 in the US is protected with the newest version of Securom…I am a bit surprised as NOLF 1 had no protection as I remember

Originally posted by nealh
[B]thanks j00k…I am sure my copy with just subs is fine with a no cd patch…

I was really reporting back that the NOLF2 in the US is protected with the newest version of Securom…I am a bit surprised as NOLF 1 had no protection as I remember [/B]

nolf 1 = safedisc 2 from what i heard.
nolf1 goty (the one i actually bought) = no protection

now if only copying securom new was as easy as this reply :slight_smile:

confused: Has anyone figured out how to back it up? :cool: :