Noise from dvd drive when starting pc

vbimport

Greetings
DVD drive: LG
When I start my pc there’s some noise coming from the dvd writer.
After 30 sec or so it dies. So far I can burn.
Is this a sign of death for my LG?
thanks ahead

Is the tray bent slightly?

Is the boot order in your bios CD/DVD drive first or HD first?

[QUOTE=Whappo;2553477]Is the boot order in your bios CD/DVD drive first or HD first?[/QUOTE]

I’ll second that.
If it is it is checking for bootup software in your dvd player and when it does not find it it moves on .

Thanks for your quick replies.
Mr. Belvedere: How do I know if the tray is bent? I don’t trust my eyes to see tiny changes. Can’t see noticeable bend.
I’ll try to use a small engineering level
The CD/DVD is the first on boot order. Sometimes I boot from cd even if my system is ok.
I always boot from cd first but only recently the cd began to hum.
Strangely enough I don’t have any noise when restarting the pc.

[QUOTE=sparafucille;2553421]Greetings
DVD drive: LG
When I start my pc there’s some noise coming from the dvd writer.
After 30 sec or so it dies. So far I can burn.
Is this a sign of death for my LG?
thanks ahead[/QUOTE]

That will depend on what model of LG you are talking about and how old is that unit? And can you describe more what you mean noise?? Noise can be anything the drive makes…from spinning up to open and closing… And when you mean burn are you talking about cd or dvd ??

Hi everyone
Coolcolors: It’s a GH22LS50 bought about 2 months ago. It is a humming noise. I’m burning both cd & dvd quite frequently. (almost every day)
Mr. Belvedere: I checked with a level device and indeed the tray is a little bent. Is there anything I can do? or do I have to dismantle the dvd writer and do what exactly?
thanks again

[QUOTE=sparafucille;2553835]Hi everyone
Coolcolors: It’s a GH22LS50 bought about 2 months ago. It is a humming noise. I’m burning both cd & dvd quite frequently. (almost every day)
Mr. Belvedere: I checked with a level device and indeed the tray is a little bent. Is there anything I can do? or do I have to dismantle the dvd writer and do what exactly?
thanks again[/QUOTE]

No a bent drive means it’s manufacture fault and being 2 months old should get a replacement under warranty. So contact the manufacture about the problem and have it replace but be sure to have your receipt as warranty as they will most likely ask for a copy of it. But you will have to check with them to be sure it is a product defect otherwise they will say you did the damage and voids your warranty. So don’t take it apart until you contact them.

Like coolcolors said: Do nothing and demand your money back.

If they refuse, take your entire pc and show it to them.