Nobody really needs to pay for DVDFab

Just use Daul layer discs (If you catch em on sale they are just as cheap as single layer)then Burn with ImgBurn. 2 simple steps Rip and Burn. :bigsmile:

Really no need to buy although I wouldn’t mind donating some $$ to keep the support up but there is no way to do this.

Might work with your own created movies, but you forgot that ImgBurn will not deal with encrypted DVDs.

Need to IGNORE this thread as we have a cheap skate here plus don’t know what he’s talking about in the first place :slight_smile: Besides this is somebody who was banned and just using someone else’s name by putting a 2 on it. And also the same birth date as another name on here

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2085087]Might work with your own created movies, but you forgot that ImgBurn will not deal with encrypted DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Indeed :iagree:

I meant just use the free version of DVDFab to Rip then Burn with ImgBurn.

I added a 2 to my name because I changed my email address and it wouldn’t let me change it to the new one on the forum.

Here in the UK, (quality) dual-layer discs cost an arm and a leg, and hardly ever go on sale.

So, for me, it’s more cost effective to shrink stuff down to SL size. Which means using a software that will do just that :wink:

You could use Dvd Shrink to compress. I live in the US so it’s easy to find daul layers on sale if you know where to look.

OK sorry, but your birth date is the same as another person and even typed the same. But your comment was uncalled for as the author spends lots of time and effort on these programs so they should get paid for it and if everyone thought like you then there wouldn’t be any programs at all with everybody wanting stuff for free. For the MODS I bad & won’t happen again :frowning:

“Nobody really needs to pay for DVDFab”

This is such an inane title and subject for a thread here on the Fab forum…:doh:… I don’t even know where to begin…?

As a matter of fact, I’ll just sit back and let cdf members draw their own conclusions…:rolleyes:

[quote=sneakers2;2085080]Just use Daul layer discs (If you catch em on sale they are just as cheap as single layer)then Burn with ImgBurn. 2 simple steps Rip and Burn. :bigsmile:

Really no need to buy although I wouldn’t mind donating some $$ to keep the support up but there is no way to do this.[/quote]
Just the price of D/L discs in the long run will cost you more than the price of the program so its really not applicable. . :disagree:

sneakers2 wrote,
“Nobody really needs to pay for DVDFab”
“Really no need to buy although I wouldn’t mind donating some $$ to keep the support up but there is no way to do this.”

Yes there is,buy it!

We’re all entitled to our own opinion,no matter how idiotic it may be…

[QUOTE=alan1476;2085118]Just the price of D/L discs in the long run will cost you more than the price of the program so its really not applicable. . :disagree:[/QUOTE]

Hehe…good point.

Note to all, new members get a default birthdate of November 30th

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2085135]Note to all, new members get a default birthdate of November 30th[/QUOTE]
Is it to honor Winston Churchill, who also was born that day? :bigsmile:

you say you dont mind donating…just buy it then and have the full program :slight_smile:

There are many movies out there that are not worthy of a DL disc.
When I make a backup, I don’t need to backup loads of movie trailers or other crap that the studios put on a disc just to fill it.

[QUOTE=sneakers2;2085094]I meant just use the free version of DVDFab to Rip then Burn with ImgBurn.

I added a 2 to my name because I changed my email address and it wouldn’t let me change it to the new one on the forum.[/QUOTE]

I see lot of other members replying to this silly thread so I will add my 2cents :smiley:
Free version of DVDFab >> rip to HDD = 1st step
DVD Shrink >> comression = 2nd steps
ImgBurn >> burn = 3rd step

mmm… 3 Programs and 3 steps( depending on what kind of output you want can be more steps )
No Thanks
I like 1 program 1 step

Course I do have those programs for other projects never have enough tools :bigsmile:

your right nobody really needs to pay for dvdfab. but for some reason i have three times. :stuck_out_tongue:

this is common knowledge. lets not make a fuss about a free program provided with every download of dvdfab 5. :wink:

also what is it to anyone if someone here has six accounts with a different number at the end of it. or if someone rents movies. we are not mods and if they are not breaking forum rules let them be.

this is an internet forum. if something is not mentioned then nothing wrong is happening. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2085098]Here in the UK, (quality) dual-layer discs cost an arm and a leg, and hardly ever go on sale.

So, for me, it’s more cost effective to shrink stuff down to SL size. Which means using a software that will do just that ;)[/QUOTE]

THATS TOO BAD:sad:, I HAD REAL PROBLEMS WITH PLAYBACK WHEN I FIRST STARTED USING DVDFAB AND WOULD COMPRESS STUFF UP TO 50%. THE PLAYBACK WAS BAD!@#$%^&*(oops no capitals) - now i use dl discs and do not compress, why don’t you try newegg.com, will they not ship to you? they sell verbatim dvd+r dl 8x-10x discs 15 in cake box for $23.00(us) (w/o shipping cost - for you that might add up), but i think provantage ships by mail also, maybe not international though. Just trying to help, the dl discs are good - sorry you can’t get them reasonable.:bigsmile:

Funny thing is - everybody in this thread is right! The OP makes a sound statement and so do his detractors. All have sound reasons to buy or not to buy.

Almost anything can be done with freeware but you pay for convenience (amongst other things). Each to his own and we all are entitled to our opinions.

Regards