No way to treat your future Queen

vbimport

Poor Charles and Camilla. They can’t even go to the theater without being mobbed. What this all about? Is the kingdom (Queendom) at an end? What would Lady Di say about all of this?

(here’s the “r” I forgot to put in “your”)

Fixed your r :flower:

[QUOTE=BussyB;2562348]Fixed your r :flower:[/QUOTE]

That’s was so nice. Thank You so much! I suffer from fat fingers and sometimes miss altogether.:o

No problem, glad I could help!

On-topic: madness what happened in London. I don’t think raising the tuition fee is good for any country, but you can protest without smashing things up and bringing (royal) people’s life in danger.

Picture this, live student protest in Amsterdam against, yes exactly, raising tuition fees.

These student are learning that there is no such thing as a free lunch, which they should have been taught in Economics 101. We are about to learn the same lesson here in the USA.

[QUOTE=BussyB;2562357]

[/QUOTE]

I find it ironic that the young lady in the lower left of the photo is dragging on a cigarette. I guess the subsidized tuition she gets, in turn, subsidizes her smoking habit?

[QUOTE=UTR;2562382]These student are learning that there is no such thing as a free lunch, which they should have been taught in Economics 101. We are about to learn the same lesson here in the USA.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is, the secretaries (ministers) of this government all spend 7 years or more on their studies, and now the want to make all students who do not graduate within 4 years pay extra. On top of that, the 4th year of study will be made much more expensive.

[QUOTE=UTR;2562384]I find it ironic that the young lady in the lower left of the photo is dragging on a cigarette. I guess the subsidized tuition she gets, in turn, subsidizes her smoking habit?[/QUOTE]

Hey man, just be glad it’s a [B][I][U]cigarette[/U][/I][/B]. This is Holland :wink:

[QUOTE=BussyB;2562386]Funny thing is, the secretaries (ministers) of this government all spend 7 years or more on their studies, and now the want to make all students who do not graduate within 4 years pay extra. On top of that, the 4th year of study will be made much more expensive.[/QUOTE]

I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere. Otherwise there would be a lot of students decide to go for a Master’s or PhD just to take advantage of the system. The bottom line is that someone else has to pay for their education and those people are tired of paying the tab and/or they are broke. I would like to know where these students think the the money to pay their tab is going to come from. They benefit the most from their education but don’t want to pay for it. Do they have to pay anything to attend college under the current system?

[QUOTE=BussyB;2562386]Hey man, just be glad it’s a [B][I][U]cigarette[/U][/I][/B]. This is Holland ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, if she can roll good enough, who is to say it [I]IS[/I] a cigarette. :wink:

The protest is the way to go. Chaotic behavior takes away from the real protest and reality is people venting their own anxieties. Too bad people don’t realize not every one needs to go to college. I have a friend who is a plumber and makes $120K a year. Another is a licensed electrician and easily pulls in $90 to $100K a year. I know many people who go to college and are lucky to make $60K a year and have to pay off massive debt.

On the other hand, school systems should be changed. most high school kids should be credited for the junior and senior years with college credits. It seems a waste for kids to have to take 2 years studying what they should have or already have learned in high school (secondary school in some places).

Connecticut is in the process of overhauling the school systems for this very reason. By the time my kid hits college, in should be in place. His 4 years education may end up being 2 or 2.5 years, if they do it right.

As far as the “cigarette” comment goes, Holland is way ahead of the U.S with its mundane and puritan laws. I do not smoke pot (now, anyways!) but cannot imagine what good it does to send people to jail for it. The same goes for all the DRM bullshit going on. All this money wasted to make money for people who have too much of it anyways.

Some of the colleges in the U.S. have massive educational endowments that would let them be able to have kids study for a fraction of what it cost. They use this money to make money and it never gets passed down to the students. I think these institutions, like Yale (which owns most of downtown New Haven) and Harvard, among the top two, should be taxed if this money is not used up. Education is what they are setup for. Not raising the prices till only the very elite can attend, except for the couple of bones they throw out to make them look good.

The free ride is over for many people. The system must also change to incorporate the way society is changing. The college degree offered these days is making a vast number of idiots with degrees. I have worked with many engineers and can attest to this.
I work with engineers who are supposed to design and yet do not really know how anything works or goes together. They suffer from severe Columbus Syndrome. Constantly trying to figure out that which has already been done.

Charles and Camilla were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The students being well aware of recent government bail-outs of various banks and other corporations, are seriously angry about their fees being tripled to 15,000 pounds per year.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2562343]What would Lady Di say about all of this?[/QUOTE] I hope that she will not rise from her grave and give out her opinion. I would be shocked.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2562806]I hope that she will not rise from her grave and give out her opinion. I would be shocked.[/QUOTE]

I certainly would avert my eyes, :eek:, I gross out easily.:Z