No video

vbimport

Hello, I have a problem that just occured. No longer getting a video signal. Changed cards, sockets, cables, clear cmos and 2 monitors. Mobo is nVIDIA 680sli (I think) cpu qx6850 (I think). I noticed that it seems that all of my USB ports are dead because the optical mouse is not lite up and no led on the keyboard. Anyone take and educated guess? All fans and optical drives have power. TIA. MoBo CPU?
Jim

[I]Its dead Jim.
[/I]
(seemed appropriate)

I’d guess the motherboard has passed on to the great junkpile in the sky.

:sad:she was only 4 years old and being used by my wife. I better hide the SandyBridge :eek::bigsmile:. Thanks Kerry, I was guessing mobo but needed to hear from someone that knows hardware because I don’t.

And you trust me to know? Hahahahahaha! :bigsmile:

Just a guess. :slight_smile:

Others may come dogpile in here and give other explanations.

this is good chace to get another SB
Hide SandyBridge
explain your wife PC is dead and get permission to buying new PC
I know this is working :iagree:

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2588900]this is good chace to get another SB
Hide SandyBridge
explain your wife PC is dead and get permission to buying new PC
I know this is working :iagree:[/QUOTE]
:bow:

While I suspect I might be gaining a reputation as a prophet of doom & gloom… just as a random thing try another Power supply before you abandon all hope.

It’s possible that you lost one of the 5v outputs on the P/S

Failing that shut down and disconnect the power then yank all the memory and try one at a time

I’ve had memory SIMMs fail for no reason in the past

AD

I would suspect the MB. Check all the capacitors on the board, the tops should all be nice and flat, any bulging would be a bad capacitor.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2589034]I would suspect the MB. Check all the capacitors on the board, the tops should all be nice and flat, any bulging would be a bad capacitor.[/QUOTE]

or they may have also vomited over the board!

I would be surprised that there is a problem with the capacitors as the board was manufactured when the BAD capacitors had been known about for some little while.
The cheapest option, and less time consuming is to replace the mother board with one that will take your current processor, memory etc. If however it is radically different don’t forget you will have to reinstall the os.
Best of luck.

[QUOTE=weedougie;2589049]or they may have also vomited over the board!

I would be surprised that there is a problem with the capacitors as the board was manufactured when the BAD capacitors had been known about for some little while.
The cheapest option, and less time consuming is to replace the mother board with one that will take your current processor, memory etc. If however it is radically different don’t forget you will have to reinstall the os.
Best of luck.[/QUOTE]
Thanks all, I ordered a new mobo $100 USD. Will have next week. Will let you know if that solves the problem.