No VIDEO_TS.INFO file after conversion

vbimport

Hello everybody,

Please help. I used DvixtoDVD (for the first time) to convert a movie from divx to DVD format. It looks like everything worked fine.

But after the conversion I tried to preview the movie with DVD Shrink and it gives an error message: “Cannot find “VIDEO_TS.IFO” file”. I looked into the folder and it is true – there is no such file.

What am I missing here? Thank you!

If you’ve got all the VOB files you can create the IFO/BUP files you need.

Ifoedit has a function to do just this.

However, if files are missing it would suggest that the conversion did not quite finish properly.

Thank you!

I am a newbie and do not understand the stuff quite well. Could you please explain it?

You are right - I have two VOB files as a result of the conversion. Should I create VIDEO_TS.INFO or it was supposed to be created by DivxtoDVD but did not for some reasons?

Should I convert it again. anew?

Thank you!

I downloaded Ifoedit and created IFO/BUP files. The Ifoedit plays the DVD after that.

But once I tried DVD Shrink it gave an error message: Invalid data in …\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB. Overlapped I/O operation in progress.

What does tjat mean? What should I do?

Thank you!

I’d try the conversion again.
However, what operating system are you using and is your hard drive formatted in Fat32 or NTFS.
I think that the conversion process might create a large video file that is then split down into the VOBs. As you’ve only got 2 that would suggest that a file sizing problem occured.
You might only be able to do this if you are using NTFS.

Thanks. I run NTFS.

I did so called mock stripping and it looks like it is fine but I’ve got another problem: once created IFO files and burned it to DVD, my standalone does not read it. It goes OK on PC buth the DVD player does not read it. I get an error message: “This type of dick cannt be read” though I used the madia many times before to back up DVDs and everything was fine.

What does this mean? What should I do?

Just how did you burn the DVD? With what software & what function within that software?

Once you have saved it to the 2 folders (VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS) you can just burn them with Nero Express. Or you can open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file with IfoEfit and then create a image from there. You can then burn the image back with DVDDecrypter.

Thank you, guys.

I burnt it with NERO. Actaully I previewed it through DVD Shrink and Nero is indicated there as a writing device. So, I just clicked it…

Could it be that the disk has not been finalized? How can I check it and whether it is possible to finalize it if it has not been finalized? I browsed vasrious postings and found out it is important for a DVD palyer to be able to play the disk.