No video on Blu-Ray Rips with Windows Media Player 12?

vbimport

With the newest version of Fab, when I play the Blu-Ray from the hard drive, I get sound, but no video. This is only happening with my newest rips. My older rips play fine, audio and video, but my newest rips don’t have video. I am using 7.5.0.6. with Windows 7 64 bit. I have tested this with ripping a Blu-Ray full disc and movie only with the same results. I thought the problem might be with my Media Player, so I reinstalled Windows 7, but get the same no video problem after the re-install. I also tried to uninstall Fab and re-install to an older version that I know didn’t have this problem, and still no luck. I can only assume that the newest Fab installed something on my computer that the uninstall does not take off. Is anyone else having this problem? This is a big deal for me cause I stream all of my movies off of the hard drive to my PS3. All of my older rips stream fine, my newer rips say “Data Corrupted” when I try to stream them.

Update the Video card drivers to see if that fixes problem

It did it with the older video drivers, I upgraded them and it still does it. Like I said, my older rips still play fine. The newer rips are the ones that don’t play correctly.

[QUOTE=Brad006;2538985]It did it with the older video drivers, I upgraded them and it still does it. Like I said, my older rips still play fine. The newer rips are the ones that don’t play correctly.[/QUOTE]

With the new improvements you may have to check/compare [B]all[/B] the settings between the older version that worked and the ones in the latest release…A/V codec as well as the other settings

This is weird. I have been trying to figure out why I’m not getting any video with WMP 12. I have been trying a few different blu-rays to test with. With the movies 300 and Green Zone, I got sound but no video. I also ripped Avatar and it plays back fine with WMP 12. Weird! Maybe it has something to do with the type of protection on those discs? I’m gonna try a few more movies and see what happens.

[QUOTE=Brad006;2539076]This is weird. I have been trying to figure out why I’m not getting any video with WMP 12. I have been trying a few different blu-rays to test with. With the movies 300 and Green Zone, I got sound but no video. I also ripped Avatar and it plays back fine with WMP 12. Weird! Maybe it has something to do with the type of protection on those discs? I’m gonna try a few more movies and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Hi Brad

On those movie titles you are having trouble with please send Fengtao the necessary info needed so he can analyze the data, he will find out the problem wheather it is copy protection or if the program has a bug.

Please check the knowledge-base on “How to aend the necessary info” here-> http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-knowledge-base-310834/

Thank you for your help :flower:

Just for an update to my problem I emailed Fab Support and they said…

"I am sorry to say that we are working on this problem, and we will fix that in the near future. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Any questions in the future, please feel free to contact us."

On another note I was having this problem with the movie Green Zone. I ripped movie only to the Hard Drive with DTS HD Audio. Tried to play it with WMP and it wouldn’t play. I demuxed the HD audio out of the movie and remuxed it with AC3 5.1 audio. I tried to play it with WMP and I got sound with blank video. I then re-loaded the movie only file back into Fab and had Fab shrink it down to 8 Gig movie only. I tried to play it with WMP and it plays fine now. That’s just weird!!!