No Verbatim at Sam's Clubs?

vbimport

HI

I just read over at videohelp.com forums that Sam’s no longer carries Verbatim. Is this true?

Thanks
NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2532356]HI

I just read over at videohelp.com forums that Sam’s no longer carries Verbatim. Is this true?

Thanks
NBK[/QUOTE]
No one is selling real Verbatim AZO anymore at retail outlets except for old stock, get it while you can!

Hi,

I had planned to buy some 50-pack DVD+R DLs at Sam’s Club. Why did Sam’s stop selling them?

Thanks
NBK

Basically Verbatim stopped making them. I’ve been looking for good Verbatim [B]PRINTABLE[/B] DVD-R all day and EVERYONE is sold out. Anybody have any good suggestions for a replacement?

[QUOTE=progrocktv;2533263]Basically Verbatim stopped making them. I’ve been looking for good Verbatim [B]PRINTABLE[/B] DVD-R all day and EVERYONE is sold out. Anybody have any good suggestions for a replacement?[/QUOTE]

Hi,

You could order some Taiyo Yuden [JVC] inkjet printable from rima.com.

HTH
NBK

[QUOTE=progrocktv;2533263]Basically Verbatim stopped making them. I’ve been looking for good Verbatim [B]PRINTABLE[/B] DVD-R all day and EVERYONE is sold out. Anybody have any good suggestions for a replacement?[/QUOTE]
Check out B&H Photo (www.bhphotovideo.com), they still have a very good selection of Verbatim media.

Just had an interesting conversation with an employee at Best Buy (I was on my way to lunch and decided to drop in just in case they had any Verbatims, which of course they didn’t) We talked about the latest fiasco but wasn’t aware, at least technically, about the switch. He told me “that would explain things” because he usually suggests Verbatim as the brand to go with. I asked if he gets any feedback from customers about the other brands and said the number of people coming in because discs no longer play have been “astronomical” lately. Most of the discs of course are Memorex but even already he’s been getting a ton of Verbatim Valuelife series back from SEVERAL different customers because they just won’t burn right. He thinks it’s at the point right now where failure rates are REALLY starting to show on the cheaper media brands. He told me he even had a guy break down in tears because the DVD of his son (who died a month ago) would no longer play (he taped over the mini DV tape). He tells most people to try a data recovery place but “9 times out of 10” the customer is back because the disc is just unreadable, and all he can do at that point all he can do is shrug his shoulders and say “sorry”. Well it sounds like the “It’ll do” mentality is coming back to bite them. I just hope TY will hang in there!

[QUOTE=afecu;2533359]Check out B&H Photo (www.bhphotovideo.com), they still have a very good selection of Verbatim media.[/QUOTE]

very good store and great customer support
I got many Blank media from this store

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2533423]very good store and great customer support
I got many Blank media from this store[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I agree about B&H…but how long will they have AZO blank DVDs???

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2533430]Hi,

I agree about B&H…but how long will they have AZO blank DVDs???

NBK[/QUOTE]

sorry I don’t know right now
( my last order was around 1year old )

I was at Microcenter in Mpls Mn yesterday and they had tons of AZO Verbatim media. 100 pack spindles of both + and - R for $22 each. All their 50 packs look to be the new crap though. It also looked as if they had real DVD DL on hand also?

[QUOTE=wonderwrench;2533480]I was at Microcenter in Mpls Mn yesterday and they had tons of AZO Verbatim media. 100 pack spindles of both + and - R for $22 each. All their 50 packs look to be the new crap though. It also looked as if they had real DVD DL on hand also?[/QUOTE]

Hi wonderwrench,

I plan to stop by the microcenter near ATL the next time i am in Georgia to see what they have. The only problem is that ATL is at least a 3hr drive from my house.

NBK