No success sound

vbimport

Love DVDFab, but a recent upgrade has lost a valuable function.

Since 5.0.7.6, DVDFab has changed the notification to insert writable media after copying temporarily to the hard drive. With the old version, the sound for ‘success’ was heard, which allowed me to get other things done away from the PC. I set this to a loud sound to let me know when I needed to come back and put in media. But with the new animated window, it doesn’t play the sound. I hope this will be fixed in the near future.

[quote=joelrosado;2118251]Love DVDFab, but a recent upgrade has lost a valuable function.

Since 5.0.7.6, DVDFab has changed the notification to insert writable media after copying temporarily to the hard drive. With the old version, the sound for ‘success’ was heard, which allowed me to get other things done away from the PC. I set this to a loud sound to let me know when I needed to come back and put in media. But with the new animated window, it doesn’t play the sound. I hope this will be fixed in the near future.[/quote]
In common settings! The green circle with check mark if you not know. Click that: Then under general you click sound: Then you can choose the default or browse for a sound of your own you want to hear. Never seen the animated window but then I have 2 dvd drives and never have to switch discs as the burning starts as soon as the ripping is finished.

Thanks, but that’s not the problem.

I do have a sound activated in the ‘sounds’ section of the Tools.

The latest versions have changed the notification that pops up after the disk is copied to the hard drive temp file - asking you to insert blank media. When the old window came up, it triggered the ‘success’ sound. But the new notification pop-up, with a moving bar (like when it does the read analysis), doesn’t.

I hope the excellent programmers at Fengtao are reading this and will put that sound trigger back in.

If anyone else has a solution until then, please let me know.

There’s a feature request thread in this forum, where user’s can request for something to be added to dvdfab. Why don’t you request in that thread that they replace the sound trigger that you like.

I’ve now done that and hope it will be incorporated. Excellent idea, Thanks.