No sound device

vbimport

I Installed Vista Home Premium on two of my computers, now I am getting a message on one of them that no sound device is installed, it had sound previously, any ideas how to rectify this? T.I.A.

You may just be missing the sound drivers. I would go to the manufacturers website and download the sound drivers from there. You don’t say if it’s a sound card (like a Creative) or onboard sound, but chances are it’s onbaord so the manufacturer will have the necessary drivers.

I,m not sure if its a sound card, only no sound device found, went to device manager, the only thing I found was high definition audio device, said it working.

Can you give us more as to the specs of you system?

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DURKINJT-PC
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model Unknow
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom™ 9600 Quad-Core Processor, 2300 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 1/18/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
User Name durkinjt-PC\durkinjt
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2,941.88 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.57 GB
Total Virtual Memory 5.94 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.86 GB
Page File Space 3.17 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2165154]I,m not sure if its a sound card, only no sound device found, went to device manager, the only thing I found was high definition audio device, said it working.[/QUOTE]

This is contradictory “no sound device found” “high definition audo device working”. Go to the control panel, Start/Control Panel, and see what is listed under Sounds/Audio Devices. Post back with what is listed there. Since you did an upgrade to Vista, you might just need the drivers.

Hi,[quote=durkinjt;2166490]OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
[/quote]have you already Service Pack 1 installed? Maybe this will help.

Michael

[QUOTE=Whappo;2166499]This is contradictory “no sound device found” “high definition audo device working”. Go to the control panel, Start/Control Panel, and see what is listed under Sounds/Audio Devices. Post back with what is listed there. Since you did an upgrade to Vista, you might just need the drivers.[/QUOTE]
Says no audio device installed.