No Sound Archos AV700

I am using the trial of Platinum on a Vista Home Premium 32 bit PC. I have backed up 2 DVDs successfully and wanted to move them to my Archos AV700 using the generic portable settings. The video is fine, but there is no sound. I have several other videos on the device that work. According to Archos the device supports Xvid and Divx and I can attest to that. If I can solve this audio problem DVDFab will be my new DVD software. Thanks for any feedback…

Hi Geekdog and welcome to the forum! There are several profiles in the Generic mode that have different audio options, and the audio bitrate can also be manipulted. Not sure of the specs for the AV700 or its requirements for audio type, but if you haven’t already, try a different profile for just a short piece of a movie and see how it works (you can select only the chapters you want to encode with the Advanced Title Options button before clicking Next). If your original has only a DTS audio track and you are using the audiocopy profile, I’m not sure how Fab or the Archos would handle that. You can download a free program called Yamb that will analyze the AVI for you and tell you if there is even an audio stream present (and what type it is, bitrate etc.) Here is a link for the Yamb download. Get the one with the installer. Hope this helps, if not, post again in this thread.