No sound and subtitles

Hi all

I have been trying to convert my Dvd’s to avi with generic
when i converted my first one it had no sound and subtitles

If this is a player issue will i have the same problem if i decide to rip to Dvd to view it

dvd fab platinumv3.0.8.6 version i have

I read some place that it could be the version is this true

Also which setting’s is best for (quality) size is not a problem correct me if i am wrong please

Resolution/top of the list
click on fixed bit rate or fixed file, then do i push the slider up full.
sound as source

i think that is it any other suggestions would be helpfull

many thanks

Hi
Ok to all that would like to know, if any are having the same problem,
and want to save some frustration and time.

I have tried a newer version of fab platinum, the latest one i think, coverted the Dvd to Avi, through generic and when i played it back in Wmp or Power dvd, even with the fast foward problem, it worked, “great picture” i think it was due to missing codecs or somthing, also to disable the subtitle, i found out could be removed by unticking the the box’s in the colum stated has subpicture, why it not say subtitle i am not quite sure, but this is a excellent program and do not mean to be critical.

I hope this will help someone, who was in the same boat has me.

I would still like to know the best setting in generic, i basically just push everything to max which produced a very good copy,if any one knows better feel free to add and do dvd players have these codecs built into them so you can play them from disc to tv in avi format i’m unsure you see

Hope this helps

Some players are “DiVX Certified” and will play divx compliant MPEG-4 discs.[quote=Icewarrior;1986547]Hi
Ok to all that would like to know, if any are having the same problem,
and want to save some frustration and time.

I have tried a newer version of fab platinum, the latest one i think, coverted the Dvd to Avi, through generic and when i played it back in Wmp or Power dvd, even with the fast foward problem, it worked, “great picture” i think it was due to missing codecs or somthing, also to disable the subtitle, i found out could be removed by unticking the the box’s in the colum stated has subpicture, why it not say subtitle i am not quite sure, but this is a excellent program and do not mean to be critical.

I hope this will help someone, who was in the same boat has me.

I would still like to know the best setting in generic, i basically just push everything to max which produced a very good copy,if any one knows better feel free to add and do dvd players have these codecs built into them so you can play them from disc to tv in avi format i’m unsure you see

Hope this helps[/quote]