No Sound after burning

vbimport

Been using this program for a long time now and find it great. I have now struck a problem with two movies that I have been trying to put onto disc.

All other movies have been fine.

When I select movie only I get the main movie ticked plus the sound file ticked. In the preview pane I can watch the movie ok, but when I have finished burning the DVD I can only get video with no sound.

Can anybody body help me. I am using the VSO burning engine

what are the two movies? what sound file is ticked? how are you deciding the sound is not working? playing on stand alone dvd player?

i am guessing you are selecting DTS audio and your dvd player only supports DD.

[QUOTE=troy512;2104554]what are the two movies? what sound file is ticked? how are you deciding the sound is not working? playing on stand alone dvd player?

i am guessing you are selecting DTS audio and your dvd player only supports DD.[/QUOTE]

I think you’ve taken care of all the guesswork.

Yeah, what ^ said…:iagree:

Sound exactly like this problem…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/video-ts-works-iso-doesnt-audio-249417/#post2099833

sure does. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=troy512;2104554]what are the two movies? what sound file is ticked? how are you deciding the sound is not working? playing on stand alone dvd player?

i am guessing you are selecting DTS audio and your dvd player only supports DD.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply.

The movies that I am trying to do are The Mask and War Games. As you can see from the attached file the sound file is clicked.

When I burn the disc and play it back through the computer I can see the video but without sound. If I play the file through the DVD preview windows I can get both video and sound. I have not had this problem before. I have tried other movies and they are OK.

Are these original disks?

I suspect not from the size of the Main Movie.

Use GSPOT (Media analysis tool, freely downloadable) and open one of the main movie VOB’s on each of the DVD and report back the results.

Click on [B]Customize[/B] and select the folder where the ripped files are. Do you hear audio through DVDFab? Does the display on the right show audio?

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2105028]Are these original disks?

Use GSPOT (Media analysis tool, freely downloadable) and open one of the main movie VOB’s on each of the DVD and report back the results.[/QUOTE]

The movies have been done from the originals through DVDFab, movie only.

I will try GSPOT and get back to you.

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2105045]Click on [B]Customize[/B] and select the folder where the ripped files are. Do you hear audio through DVDFab? Does the display on the right show audio?[/QUOTE]

I can hear the audio through DVDFab. The disply on the right does show audio.

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2105028]Are these original disks?

Use GSPOT (Media analysis tool, freely downloadable) and open one of the main movie VOB’s on each of the DVD and report back the results.[/QUOTE]

Just done this and below are the results. The first one is The Mask and the second one is Wargames

These appear to be PAL DVDs with standard AC-3 audio that have been compressed to fit a SL disc, so playing them on a PC should be no problem and Gspot says you have the audio codec necessary. What player software are you using? If you can hear the audio in the DVDFab Preview window, the files are fine and you have a player issue. Try VLC media player (free).

[QUOTE=signals;2105112]These appear to be PAL DVDs with standard AC-3 audio that have been compressed to fit a SL disc, so playing them on a PC should be no problem and Gspot says you have the audio codec necessary. What player software are you using? If you can hear the audio in the DVDFab Preview window, the files are fine and you have a player issue. Try VLC media player (free).[/QUOTE]

Sorry been away for awhile. I finally did get the sould to work on both movies. Re installed burning software and it corrected itself.

Thanks everyone for you help.

I’m glad they are working for you now. Thanks for posting back the results.