"No Seek Complete"

vbimport

"No Seek Complete"
I am suddenly getting "no seek complete" errors during burning on my Plexwriter 16/10/40A. This error occurs with Nero, CloneCD and other products. One of the programs gave an indication that "power calibration" failed and hence the "drive is dirty".

I attempted to clean the drive using an Allsop "Driveclean" CD lens cleaner, but the problem still exists.

Can anyone provide some information on what I am experiencing and what to do to make it go away?

Thanks.

Cross posting is not allowed. Read the forum rules.

Check your other thread in Burning Software forum

I can’t find your other thread so I’ll just answer this one. In cases like this I don’t it can be too much software problems, since Nero and CCD has their own ASPI layers, and they cause no compatiblility with each other. I think the problem is with the drive. How long have you had it? Did you try to d a hardware tweak or something? I think it may have become defective, either from dust or something you can’t fix like something wrong with the laser head. Tell me, can you still read cds with it?

DFourthHorseman

Hi: Sonds like you have dirty rails. If the drive is old & out of warranty you could take it all the way apart and clean & lube
the rails, that the head moves on. I would only do this as a
last resort. Maybe try the dirve in another computer first.
Do not touch the laser itself, move the head by touching the
bushings that attache to the rails.
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AS A LAST RESORT ONLY. !!
GOOD LUCK…NOT A SMOKER I HOPE ??

I don’t smoke. I got cats and maybe the cat hair got into the mechanism. You should see what they do to my mouse!

I ordered a better Plextor.