No seek complete error with NEC-3550A and TDK DVD-R

I have a NEC-3550A and have been trying to burn some data on TDK DVD-R 4,7GB 16x discs. I can burn the first disc OK but when I try to make another compilation, at some point I get a “No seek Complete” message and eventually the burn fails.

I don’t know if it’s the media, last week I burned a 25pack of the same type with minor problems. Note that the disc looks quite strange after it’s “burned” (the recorded area is not continuous , you can clearly see rings formed).

When I encountered the problem I flashed the drive with the 1.Y6 firmware and I updated the ASPI drivers. It didn’t work.

I have a P4 3GHz with 1,5GB RAM on an ASUS P5GD2 Mb (intel 915 chipset). My 2 WD HDDs are on Intel’s SATA RAID. The NEC-3550A is on intel ICH6R southbride’s UDMA IDE channel. I also have a SONY cd-rw connected to the ITE IDE controller my mb has onboard. I don’t remember trying to connect the dvd-rw to this controller, maybe I should try it.

Do you think it’s the media, or some sort of ASPI driver conflict? Sorry for the long post, any help yould be appreciated.

Hi sawtooth and Welcome to CDfreaks. This usually indicates bad media:

Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR
I doubt that ASPI drivers will help as Nero 7 uses SPTI Vs ASPI.

NT-SPTI used
Can you try another media and see if this problem still exists?

Thread moved

.Finalize CD : FALSE
Multisession : TRUE
Multisession type: : Start multisession
To start with try to finalize your compilation…

I don’t know if it’s the media, last week I burned a 25pack of the same type with minor problems. Note that the disc looks quite strange after it’s “burned” (the recorded area is not continuous , you can clearly see rings formed).
Quite normal when drive burns in Z-CLV (Zoned Constant Linear Velocity).

BTW, in my opinion TTH02 is not that bad media. :slight_smile:
Also check out recommended media list.