No power up

Hi posted a question before and recieved help with power supply,many thanks. new problem , installed new PSU and a card reader , switched on and booted up fine , forgot to connect reader molex to PSU , so i did , everything switched off and i cannot find what has gone , PSU is fine , so what do i do next? new M/B , new CPU or what ? my M/B is a gigayte GA-965P-DS4 running a quad core . Thanks for any replys brian5451

You connected the molex while the system was running?

everything switched off and i cannot find what has gone , PSU is fine , so what do i do next? new M/B , new CPU or what ? my M/B is a gigayte GA-965P-DS4 running a quad core . Thanks for any replys brian5451

I think your gigayte GA-965P-DS4 is now a dead gigayte GA-965P-DS4 running not even a single core…

But test this first. Connect the psu to the motherboard, but disconnect all other things from the motherboard. Should give a few beeps about not having any memory, cpu or video connection.

Hi Mr. Belvedere , thanks for the reply but why would connecting a molex blow the M/B i can understand if the fuse blew in the PSU but not the M/B ? would the CPU , or memory be affected too ? many thanks for your answers brianr5451 .

[QUOTE=brianr5451;2294147]Hi Mr. Belvedere , thanks for the reply but why would connecting a molex blow the M/B i can understand if the fuse blew in the PSU but not the M/B ? would the CPU , or memory be affected too ? many thanks for your answers brianr5451 .[/QUOTE]

A lot of things could have happend. Static electricity, power surges, shortage, etc. I don’t know, i have not seen your mammaboard.

Did you try my suggestion?