No More Verbatim AZO? Wat to Buy?

vbimport

I have 2 Pioneer writers and Verbatim were the best hardly any errors or coasters? Now that Verbatim are crappy CMC wat do i buy now?

Hi,

You could try JVC [Taiyo Yuden]…

NBK

Where do I get JVC ones from ?

www.meritline.com

www.rima.com

etc.

If you’re going to the trouble of ordering online, I’d just get the plain TY 8x +R disks. If someone else knows of a local chain selling JVC media, perhaps they’ll chip in, as I haven’t seen them.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2536541]www.meritline.com
www.supermediastore.com
www.rima.com

etc.

If you’re going to the trouble of ordering online, I’d just get the plain TY 8x +R disks. If someone else knows of a local chain selling JVC media, perhaps they’ll chip in, as I haven’t seen them.[/QUOTE]

If you have a local Big Lots store you may find them there.

Alan

I just buy the unbranded TY from Rima, pretty cost effective and durable.

Right now the AZO is still available and on sale at many places (Newegg, Amazon), so stock up!

Just make sure you stay away from the TY/Jvc Value line… I bought some and they are crap. You’d be better off buying off the shelf brand media.

[QUOTE=Zone15;2536771]Right now the AZO is still available and on sale at many places (Newegg, Amazon), so stock up![/QUOTE]
Here is some AZO MII :Z from Amazon

Life Series is starting to look good vs. The MII stuff. You can never go wrong with TY 8x +R.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2536541]www.meritline.com
www.supermediastore.com
www.rima.com

etc.

If you’re going to the trouble of ordering online, I’d just get the plain TY 8x +R disks. If someone else knows of a local chain selling JVC media, perhaps they’ll chip in, as I haven’t seen them.[/QUOTE]

Roger that. Get the TY T02 8x +R PREMIUM LINE media (not the value line). IMHO the best SL media ever made. I’ve bought from all 3 stores, all reputable Rima doesn’t even bother with valueline TY, just premium. Pay a dollar or 2 more but Rima rep is impeccable.

[QUOTE=ricoman;2537171]Roger that. Get the TY T02 8x +R PREMIUM LINE media (not the value line). IMHO the best SL media ever made. I’ve bought from all 3 stores, all reputable Rima doesn’t even bother with valueline TY, just premium. Pay a dollar or 2 more but Rima rep is impeccable.[/QUOTE]
I was pricing Rima vs. SuperMediaStore for TY and Rima is slightly cheaper even with shipping charges. There has never been ValueLine +R.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2537173]I was pricing Rima vs. SuperMediaStore for TY and Rima is slightly cheaper even with shipping charges. There has never been ValueLine +R.[/QUOTE]

Yo James-

PLUS - you get the great Rima customer service too-eh!! :iagree: :clap: :clap:

Absolutely. They also process and ship orders faster.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2537173]I was pricing Rima vs. SuperMediaStore for TY and Rima is slightly cheaper even with shipping charges. There has never been ValueLine +R.[/QUOTE]

For me the price is $6.00 higher at Rima than at Supermediastore
$47.99 for a 100 at Rima vs. $41.99 for 100 at Supermediastore.
I guess alot of it depends on where it is being shipped to like the
State and zip on what the final price will be. :confused:

[QUOTE=kiaconcepts;2536475]I have 2 Pioneer writers and Verbatim were the best hardly any errors or coasters? Now that Verbatim are crappy CMC wat do i buy now?[/QUOTE]
Verbatim DVD+R 100-packs are $19.99 with free shipping at Newegg. From the user comments, it looks like they are the metal AZOs and Made in India.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507003&cm_re=verbatim_dvd%2Br--17-507-003--Product

[QUOTE=getit29;2537251]For me the price is $6.00 higher at Rima than at Supermediastore
$47.99 for a 100 at Rima vs. $41.99 for 100 at Supermediastore.
I guess alot of it depends on where it is being shipped to like the
State and zip on what the final price will be. :confused:[/QUOTE]
:eek: $17.00 to ship a 100 T02? They are charging me less than $40.00 delivered. $30.99 for the discs and $8.29 for shipping. To add what bigmike7 said, I made a mistake and repeated my order due to some glitch. Customer service called my home to find out if the order was correct :bow:

I buy Verbatim AZO Dvd+R at Office Max. When they are on sale: $20.00 for a spindle of 100.

That’s all I buy is Verbatim, Single and Dual Layered for both Blu-ray and DVD and I haven’t had any problems. I use excellent Blu-ray Burners, now I’m using a Plextor BD-R. I bought a 100 Disc Spindle for $20 at Newegg, and they work fantastic. :cool:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2537302]:eek: $17.00 to ship a 100 T02? They are charging me less than $40.00 delivered. $30.99 for the discs and $8.29 for shipping. To add what bigmike7 said, I made a mistake and repeated my order due to some glitch. Customer service called my home to find out if the order was correct :bow:[/QUOTE]
oops, you were talking Inkjet printable I think. Yeah Rima is about $5.00 more expensive for 8x printables