No more corrupt / fake Mp3s from the RIAA!

vbimport

Most people in the file sharing community know by now about the corrupted mp3’s that have spread around. It seems that most of the new/popular songs have been corrupted and seeded by the RIAA. You’ll notice that the first 20 seconds or so of a song will sound fine, and then get garbled into a screechy sound.

Well not any more! Intoducing MP3 Shield :cool:

MP3 Shield is a plug-and-play application designed to protect your music collection. It can rapidly scan vast MP3 collection for corruptions and automatically detects corrupted MP3 files while being downloaded. MP3 Shield integrates seamlessly into any Kazaa Media Desktop client to automatically scan MP3 files that are being downloaded and filter out corrupted songs.

With MP3 Shield you’ll be able to purge your music collection from corrupted files, thus minimizing the spread of these files over the Net. In addition, you’ll be able to detect when a file is corrupted before fully downloading it, saving time, bandwidth, and your frustration

MP3 Shield is not advertising supported, nor does it require registration, and no information is collected from or about product users. It is very small and easy to use. It comes complete with full install and uninstall, an automatic live updater, online help, and free unlimited tech support.

You can download MP3 Shield at http://www.mp3shield.com

Isn’t this considered SPAMMING?

I sure hope not, just wanted to inform the people about my application and wanted to convey all the information in the most appealing manner.

In any case, the topic seemed relevent to this forum, and I do not charge money nor is the application bundled with spywares. So I can sincerely say that this was not meant to, and in fact, isn’t spamming.

Cheers :bigsmile:

Since the threadstarter doesn’t seem to have commercial intentions I don’t mind this thread. We would also love a link from your website!

This can turn out to be a very useful application to many :slight_smile:

:Dominator, if you would like me to add your link to my site I would be happy to do so, can you send me a small banner (something like 150x40px) and e-mail it to me?

One thread on this would have been sufficient, removed the cross-post in the Newbie forum…

MP3 Shield Version 1.1 is now out!

What’s new in version 1.1:

• Fixed stats; now counts DAT files as well.
  • Added “Check for updates” in context menu, for manual filters update.
  • Removed auto-update check; now MP3S will only check for updates if you want it to.
  • Added update reminder, so every 5 days it will remind you to update your filters! This is important feature for noobies :smiley:
  • As always, updated the filters :cool:

Get the latest version at http://www.mp3shield.com/Shield.exe (you might have to refresh your browser if you already downloaded it).

Cheers,

err0rsm1th

Nobody used this yet then??

Looks good…

Looks like a good program. Good work! It isn’t spamming anyway if it’s free, isn’t it?

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
It isn’t spamming anyway if it’s free, isn’t it?

May be spam, but without commercial reasons so that’s allowed…

But are people using it? I just want somebody other than the auther to say if it’s any good.

It works flawlessly on my computer up at school but at home its giving me problems. Im running Windows XP and Im getting a Visual C++ Runtime Error. Any idea on how i could fix this.

Works great here at home i normally have to do alot of files then listen to each one to find a good one. Now just download and mp3shield will tell you if its a fake or not

I’m having the same problem with that other guy. I installed Mp3Shield all fine but whenever I run it, it gives Visual C++ Run-time Error.

Please private message me if anybody got the solution. Can’t wait to start downloading mp3’s again.

Oh, yeah, RIAA guys, don’t mind me, I never really download illegal mp3’s.

Downloaded

thank you mp3shield man :slight_smile:

Seems like it roots out files that have been not recorded correctly also. Case in point,a Bobby Womack file that is hardly new,was grabbed by the system,and once played ,dropouts were discovered,and this is a good thing. When the ‘play song’ tab is depressed,it plays the song thru your default MP3 player…Not Too Shabby!!

Runtime error MP3 shield

Hi guy’s,

I’ve got the same troubles as some of you, everytime I start MP3 shield I get this runtime error: “this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way”. Normally I solve all the problems by myself or by Google,but I can’t find anything about this issue. Help is welcome! :bow:

Had the same problem. The solution was/is simple:

First started Kazaa, then Mp3shield. No more errors occured.