No Media Detected

I am running windows XP and my drive is a Sony DRU-710A BYX4. I’ve used it successfully for years and have used it with DVDFAB 3 and now 4. I use this drive both as a “source” drive where I insert the movie to be copied and as a “target” drive where I insert a blank Verbatim DVD-R disc for the burn. Here’s the issue. Once I put the movie in the drive, DVD FAB has no problem detecting the disc. It copies successfully and ejects the source movie upon completion of the copy task. It then says to insert the blank media. When I do, I wait a few seconds to allow initialization but it comes back NO MEDIA DETECTED, INSERT PROPER MEDIA or some such language. Finally, after about 10 attempts and that may include inserting and reinsterting the blank Verbatim, DVDFAB 4.xxx recognizes the disk and the burn operation kicks in and the process is completed. Anyone else experiencing this? How can I fix the issue?

[QUOTE=privacy1015;1940201]I am running windows XP and my drive is a Sony DRU-710A BYX4. I’ve used it successfully for years and have used it with DVDFAB 3 and now 4. I use this drive both as a “source” drive where I insert the movie to be copied and as a “target” drive where I insert a blank Verbatim DVD-R disc for the burn. Here’s the issue. Once I put the movie in the drive, DVD FAB has no problem detecting the disc. It copies successfully and ejects the source movie upon completion of the copy task. It then says to insert the blank media. When I do, I wait a few seconds to allow initialization but it comes back NO MEDIA DETECTED, INSERT PROPER MEDIA or some such language. Finally, after about 10 attempts and that may include inserting and reinsterting the blank Verbatim, DVDFAB 4.xxx recognizes the disk and the burn operation kicks in and the process is completed. Anyone else experiencing this? How can I fix the issue?[/QUOTE]
the bottom line is that due to the way DVD FAB 4 is constructed you seem to need to just need to insert the media, hit OK to error message and WAIT 30 seconds and the burn will start.
If anyone else has a better idea let me know.

yes this is a known issue. what you have to do is just be patient. wait for awhile after inserting dvd blank, as you already know. actually i have had better luck with this since i cross flashed my sony g120a to lite-on 165p6s.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1938240-post8.html

troy

Privacy1015,
The problem you describe is the same one I,have been having on
my dell dimension burner.Some in the forum suggessted that I check
to see if my burner is upgraded . I did and it is. I was having some
skipping problems on some of my dvd players with some of the copies so I bought the verbatim’s to see how they would work. When I would run them through dvdfab , the same error message
no media detected. I ran some sony dvd+r’s and had no problem?,
skipping or other wise. Maybe I will try what you did try reinserting
the verbatim dvd r media and see what happens.
Thanks for the info ZAP.

Hello. I am having the same problem with my E-Z Dub Lite-On burner, and both Maxell DVD+R, and Verbatim DVD-R. I have tried with 4 different blank DVD’s, and clicked “OK” on the error message over 150 times, and still no go :eek: . Done the clicking “OK”, done the waiting and retrying for 2 hours to burn a 1274MB file. Since this is well-known issue, is it known if it will it be addressed in a future update?

Thank-you.

I am having the same problem with my E-Z Dub Lite-On burner,

sorry about your problem. i am not actually not associated with dvdfab in any way, just frequently visit this forum. so i dont know what is being addressed. what i mean by this is a known problem is that ive posted in the feature request several times about this and started a thread to discuss this. also there has been other members posting similar trouble. at this time i feel that this will not be address. it is most likely being passed off as a combination of a drive and media problem and not something that dvdfab/vso can fix.

troy

I have the same problem using Verbatim with my Plextor 760A. But the burns are all good unless I try to use Imageburn to burn.

I had this problem, and it was caused by a firmware update.
If anyone has the INTEL APPLICATION ACCELLERATOR, then uninstall it. It has a known problem with compatability with burners. Mine is back to working normally since I removed that program.
HPdvd840e

[QUOTE=firsthd76;1949006]I had this problem, and it was caused by a firmware update.
If anyone has the INTEL APPLICATION ACCELLERATOR, then uninstall it. It has a known problem with compatability with burners. Mine is back to working normally since I removed that program.
HPdvd840e[/QUOTE]

My mistake, as it’s still coming up with “no media detected” with my -r disks.
Tried copying The “Contract” with Verbatim 4.7 -r and it was a no-go. Put in a Verbatim 4.7 +r, and it worked.

I’ve been having the same problem. I have a sony drive as well and the firm ware is up to date. One way I have worked around this is once I have put a blank disk in the drive I open “My Computer” then select “view” then “refresh”. This will force windows to “see” the drive. Soon after DVDFab sees my disk and the burn begins. Hope this works for you too. :smiley:

try using two drives one for subject and the other for blank discs but put blank disc in first then the disc to be copied.no probs